ford ranger

Guest mxkid913

hey everyone I just joined, and also just got interested in tinting.

I decided to remove my previous 50% tint on a ford ranger and put on 20% on the front roll-ups.

[*]281143

:thumb

[*]281147

hahaha, ya I know, but it looks so nice matched with the back limo, its only a fix-it ticket though, and I heard it was only like 15 bucks

[*]281173

$15 plus the amount you spent on the film,plus the time you took to put the film on,plus the time you need to take it off and get the ticket signed off...so it actually cost more than $15.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tint4less

I decided to remove my previous 50% tint on a ford ranger and put on 20% on the front roll-ups.

[*]281143

:thumb

[*]281147

hahaha, ya I know, but it looks so nice matched with the back limo, its only a fix-it ticket though, and I heard it was only like 15 bucks

[*]281173

$15 plus the amount you spent on the film,plus the time you took to put the film on,plus the time you need to take it off and get the ticket signed off...so it actually cost more than $15.

[*]281181

I dont think he cares hes even laughin at the tint wiz

plus his truck tint will probably be purple in less than a year. :nope

I can tell hes usin the cheap stuff. :nope

Lets start over with the post, you will get a much better response :):DD

I decided to tint my ford ranger front roll-ups. I tried about 3 times and am still unhappy about 3 tries and 30 bucks later. the main problem seems to be the curl of the film which makes peeling the adhesive from the plastic while trying to fight the curl and preventing from sticking on itself. I just used a basic squegee, spray bottle, and hard card and had lots of troubles the first time. What I have on now was the best attempt, but, the corners flipped, had some crinkles and bubbles, and the edges dont look so hot. Seems like everything went wrong but I'm learning a lot, if anyone has any tips on flattening the film or any of my other issues please post, I'll probably post some pics tomorrow.

Guest nautiboi73
what is his location? I will provide aid if it is a legal install, T W do u know?

[*]281262

Let's just say...in his state, even 50% is !llegal.

[*]281267

damn he is screwed :):DD

Guest mxkid913
what is his location? I will provide aid if it is a legal install, T W do u know?

[*]281262

Let's just say...in his state, even 50% is !llegal.

[*]281267

damn he is screwed :lol:lol

[*]281271

ya I live in southern california, the tint laws are ridiculous here especially since here in so cal. its blazing hot 3/4 of the year, and pretty much partly cloudy the rest. Thanks for the input on me breaking the law, you made a good point about possible lawsuits, I'll have to reconsider but it makes it so much nicer on the inside and out. :dunno . I've been using cheap gila film, 10 bucks for 24" by 6.5 feet, since I don't wanna spend a fortune wen I'm just learning. My tools are a snap off razor blade, 1 squeegie that the handle just broke, and a cheap hard card.

Guest mxkid913

ya haha I think the darkest you can have is 70% VLT

I should write a letter to the state saying that this law heightens the risk of cancer to people who drive through southern california traffic each and every day!

Archived