ford ranger

Guest mxkid913

Guest mxkid913

hey everyone I just joined, and also just got interested in tinting.

I decided to remove my previous 50% tint on a ford ranger and put on 20% on the front roll-ups. I tried about 3 times and am still unhappy about 3 tries and 30 bucks later. the main problem seems to be the curl of the film which makes peeling the adhesive from the plastic while trying to fight the curl and preventing from sticking on itself. I just used a basic squegee, spray bottle, and hard card and had lots of troubles the first time. What I have on now was the best attempt, but, the corners flipped, had some crinkles and bubbles, and the edges dont look so hot. Seems like everything went wrong but I'm learning a lot, if anyone has any tips on flattening the film or any of my other issues please post, I'll probably post some pics tomorrow.

thanks

wesley

(mxkid913)

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I decided to remove my previous 50% tint on a ford ranger and put on 20% on the front roll-ups.

[*]281143

:thumb

Two things.  Pull the door panels and tape the seals.  You will have much better success with it :thumb

[*]281146

:nope ...and tint it legal for your State :nope

Guest mxkid913

I decided to remove my previous 50% tint on a ford ranger and put on 20% on the front roll-ups.

[*]281143

:thumb

[*]281147

hahaha, ya I know, but it looks so nice matched with the back limo, its only a fix-it ticket though, and I heard it was only like 15 bucks

Guest mxkid913
Two things.  Pull the door panels and tape the seals.  You will have much better success with it :thumb

[*]281146

thanks

Guest tint4less

Alot of these guys/gals wont help you with anything if you are planning to apply !legal film :thumb

what were you using for your solution, in other words what were you putting in your spray bottle.?

what kind of film were you using and what kind of squegee.?

were you doin it indoors or outdoors?

are you patient?

:nope

If you get in an injury accident, and the tint illegality is brought up, just add five zeros to that $15.00

Judgements last 10 years or longer in most states, and by then you might not feel the same. :thumb

The burden of proof in civil court is much lower by the way.

Archived