johnson customer service

Guest metint
anyone else have problems with johnson window films customer service? everytime I call there I get the run around and wrong product comes alot....I was thinking of switching to llumar or madico or possibly sun tek....are they similarly priced and what are some series you guys use from these manufactures? :evilgrin

[*]285627

Service has little to do with quality of brand, but has everything to do with the quality of people employed to provide the service. :beer

Maybe the Big J (and other brand name) lurkers will see this and make an effort to improve the quality of service. :lol2

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With big J sp film I have found it wet shrinks much better from the bottom of the finger up by shooting the heat under the film and letting the air travel under the film to heat it. this also works with some other types of film.

Guest zolar

Metint, I knew I could count on you to enlighten me, and the lurkers.

I dont have an issue with the speed of the shrink, just that big J runs out of shrink quicker than some others.

Which is fine, unless it runs out of shrink, before the glass runs out of radius.

I have had a (very) few vehicles that I couldn't quite get it to go, that yeilded more shrink, with another brand.

I would still keep it on hand over dyed, I am not trusting the carbon dye just yet.

And I like the thick feel of the SP, it is easier for me to work with, without creasing, in the stiff breeze at my shop.

J has a lot of good qualities, and some good fokls, and they know me by my first name.

More than I can say for my other 3 film vendors.

The funny thing about J is the caller ID says Compton, Ca. when they call (dre?) not Annalee, Ca. like the propaganda

Z

Guest metint
I dont have an issue with the speed of the shrink, just that big J runs out of shrink quicker than some others.

Which is fine, unless it runs out of shrink, before the glass runs out of radius.

I have had a (very) few vehicles that I couldn't quite get it to go, that yeilded more shrink, with another brand.

Z

[*]285808

Not all manu's know what is necessary to acquire the greatest possible shrink from the material they purchase to use in their film products. Nor do all manu's attempt, or have the ability, to acheive additional shrink capability in their products. :evilgrin

Those that strictly buy ready-made components to coat and laminate together as their product have to rely of the existing shrink capacity in the polyester. :beer

Saying any more than that can get into proprietary info... :lol2

Guest zolar

On a positive note, My big 'ol Johnson has implemented a no-fault warranty for all of thier products, and includes fading. I am anxious to see the new warranty card, and details. My rep said it will cover everything except customer abuse.

Metint, Not to divulge anyone else's trade propaganda, but a certian "Big" film company rep, in Fl. said " every film manufacturer buys the same materials, polyester, adhesive, etc...,

I was certian that was B.S.

I doubt "Every" company uses the same vendors for raw materials.

I am glad to know other folks make film, in consideration of each components real-world usage, longevity, and quality.

Not just dollar $igns.

Z

Guest metint
but a certian "Big" film company rep, in Fl. said " every film manufacturer buys the same materials, polyester, adhesive, etc...,

[*]286414

That's about as valid a statement as saying all window tinters buy the same film... :bling

Guest tint4less
That's about as valid a statement as saying all window tinters buy the same film... :lol2

[*]286439

what we dont I thought we did :bling :bling

Guest Sprinter
I would like to know the lowdown on the SP series using alimunium for its metal component.

I seems to have less shrink than other films, But aluminium is an excellent heat sink material.

Great for the owner, but harder to shrink. Anyone with some tech stuff? Metint to the rescue !!

The PGC is your regular 'ol Ni-chrome sputtered variety (with a bronze hint) With a little more optical clarity.

:bling  helps to know what I'm selling

Z

[*]285679

bigger and better heat gun the faster the shrink will be.

yes let us know about the new warranty cards and the no fade or change of color?

Guest Sprinter
Metint, I knew I could count on you to enlighten me, and the lurkers.

I would still keep it on hand over dyed, I am not trusting the carbon dye just yet.

And I like the thick feel of the SP, it is easier for me to work with, without creasing, in the stiff breeze at my shop.

J has a lot of good qualities, and some good fokls, and they know me by my first name.

More than I can say for my other 3 film vendors.

The funny thing about J is the caller ID says Compton, Ca. when they call (dre?) not Annalee, Ca. like the propaganda

Z

[*]285808

I know what you mean about running of of shrink before glass :bling :bling

Guest zolar

Sorry if I was obscure in my shrink comment, I dont have a gripe with the speed of the shrink, just the point when the film will shrink no more.

I will have the new warranty card Monday, and will post them for everyone to see.

Z

Archived