johnson customer service

anyone else have problems with johnson window films customer service? everytime I call there I get the run around and wrong product comes alot....I was thinking of switching to llumar or madico or possibly sun tek....are they similarly priced and what are some series you guys use from these manufactures? :dunno

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have used johnson off and on for a lot of years. and even had some problems but most of the other companies I have used also have some problems. nothin wrong with checking out the compitition. just dont burn any bridges with a company you have a history with.

just my :dunno

:lol

You might be surprised how they are really not similiarly priced!Consider the difference in price over the whole year!But if you switch you can raise your prices to make up the diff! I mostly use atr ch llumar.What series do you offer now? ss

Guest zolar

I like my Big Johnson ...........tint company.

I get good service, and the product is a lot more consistent in recent years.

I only have trouble with them double billing the corporate card on every order. :heh

It always gets fixed, but it got my 44tools order declined. BOOO!!

I use SP, PGC, and a little ES & PBC.

Thier flat glass stuff, ain't bad either.

If I get my inside rep, hardly any problems.

If I get someone else, It gets screwey.

But my other 3 suppliers, have some issues too.

All in a days work.

Nothing serious, It's just tint. (thats what I tell the picky customers anyway).

Z

Guest zolar

I would like to know the lowdown on the SP series using alimunium for its metal component.

I seems to have less shrink than other films, But aluminium is an excellent heat sink material.

Great for the owner, but harder to shrink. Anyone with some tech stuff? Metint to the rescue !!

The PGC is your regular 'ol Ni-chrome sputtered variety (with a bronze hint) With a little more optical clarity.

:heh helps to know what I'm selling

Z

I would like to know the lowdown on the SP series using alimunium for its metal component.

I seems to have less shrink than other films, But aluminium is an excellent heat sink material.

Great for the owner, but harder to shrink. Anyone with some tech stuff? Metint to the rescue !!

The PGC is your regular 'ol Ni-chrome sputtered variety (with a bronze hint) With a little more optical clarity.

:heh  helps to know what I'm selling

Z

[*]285679

Johnson...sputerreed :heh

Guest metint
Vision +  = sputtered Ni-chrome

SP          = Vapor coated aluminium

or so they say

Z

[*]285760

Good chance of truth in this since big J buys their components ready to put together.

As to the shrink issue, Z...

Different metals reject infrared better than others... as does the amount deposited... the better the infrared rejection the slower the shrink. :evilgrin

Take a straight dyed product that does nothing for infrared rejection and you get a very rapid shrink. :beer:lol2

Archived