Tint pro concerns...

Guest metint

I'll chime in for a minute on this just to say UV and UV absorbers have little to do with color change to purple... especially in film most film constructions of today.

It's all in the stability of dye colors... or whether or not pigment has been used...

If the car is not going to owned no longer than 5 years in Michigan, SG HP should hold up just fine... even then it's a crap shoot, wouldn't you agree? :twocents

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And yeah, I'm guessing it would hold up just fine in the upper midwest for about 5 years...I've seen dyed film hold up fine longer than that around here, with only marginal color change. But the better films today are just that IMO....Better, Much better.

Guest metint
And yeah, I'm guessing it would hold up just fine in the upper midwest for about 5 years...I've seen dyed film hold up fine longer than that around here, with only marginal color change.  But the better films today are just that IMO....Better, Much better.

[*]290017

:twocents

He was unfamiliar, believe it or not, with "up line" but I showed him the hard evidence. If he can't order it, as it is up to the owner, he would be willing to install whatever I bring in......therefore I may have to purchase my own :dunno , and hopefully not a full role.....but I would rather go that route than be disapointed that I don't sport the best film around with ALL the benefits of having it!

Guest metint

The lack of knowledge of the simplest and most pertinent info is a plague in the industry, it seems. :dunno

Had a message from someone saying a particular film was sticking to everything and would not install with X100 (used with CDF or CDA type adhesives). Thought the film had CDF adhesive and a serious static problem. :dunno Never touched a pressure sensitive film in his short time in the industry and he had no idea the R15gold was pressure sensitive. :beer

Bottom lione L&S, despite what appears to be decent longevity by HP Smoke,(from my limited experience with it) I don't think it fits your bill. You'd be happier with an ATR, or HP CH, or True Grey on your ride. You want the best, go get it.

Archived