Tint pro concerns...

Guest metint
just make sure they are going to one piece the back glass and microedge the operating windows. ask if the tint over the dot matrix or if they stop before it. if they do tint the dot matrix, ask them how they do it in order not to have it peel and make sure it sticks properly to the matrix.

make sure they use a metalized film and ask if they tint around the third brake light or remove it.

[*]288258

And make sure the receipt and/or warranty card specifically states roll or lot number of the film used... and the film ID numbers, aka True grey, Quantum, ATR, Platinum Plus, 35, 50 or whatever.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Blade & Metint-

How about this for you SG guys :coffee

Two different shops, both reputable. Here are my options

Local shop = SG HP Charcoal 32% all the way around = $199.95

Detroit= Llumar Stealth 38% (or anyother ATR line, they carry Jet) = $349.00 all the way around - This from a board brother here.

:rollin What to do???? :cool:gasp

I think you should ask more about years of experience in tinting, and about percentage of customer come-backs... both negative (unhappy with an aspect of their job) and positive (doing numerous cars for the same person).

Come to Wisconsin. Take that new ferry boat across the big lake. I have many years of experience, way more positive returns than negative, and guarantee a on-piece install on back glass, with glued matrix.

Hey Blade & Metint-

Local shop = SG HP Charcoal 32% all the way around = $199.95

:rollin What to do???? :gasp? :cool

[*]289586

:cool

[*]289588

I hear that! ......will do! I thank you for your continued help!!! :coffee

Exact-oh: This is pretty much what I have done. Actually I am taking a small gamble with this guy as I know that they have had more redoes than the other guy, but I believe we (manager) have an agreement, and the main installer and I go way back. I just discovered that they were installing HP films. I knew the manager had experience with HP/metalized at his other shop, but the main guy (my friend) is a little new to it, but appears to have gotten use to it, even saying that he is beginning to prefer installiing it.

Wisconsin is tempting though....I know of some fellas that play softball around there that would be a blast to hang out with. Could you imagine the jabs I would take if I said I took the Ferry over to the Land of Beer and Brats to 'get my windows tinted!' :heh It might be good advertising for you that your business is pulling from Wolverine Country! Thanks, Man

Yep, we have plenty of beer and bar-league softball games here. Offers stands if you are interested. I didn't see the make and model car you are doing listed on this thread (and can't tell from your avatar pic), but a standard sized four-down by me with metallized is about $220.

Guest cheesehead98
Yep, we have plenty of beer and bar-league softball games here.  Offers stands if you are interested.  I didn't see the make and model car you are doing listed on this thread (and can't tell from your avatar pic), but a standard sized four-down by me with metallized is about $220.

[*]289683

Exact

Where are you located in Wis? Email me at tblanch258@aol.com. I am looking to get my windows done. Tell me more

Thanks

T

Ok, here we go again......sorry fellas, I would love to let this thread die, but I have a valid concern.

The shop that is going to install the Solargard HP film has a film that does not meet up to the specifications on the website and is inconsistent with what you all post. :cool I am coming to you as to not offend him and to get a possible explanation about what is happening here.

He claims that the film is SG HP Smoke 35.

Ok, but as far as I can tell, SG does not claim a Smoke shade and True Grey comes in 32 and 38 in the HP. I saw that it was written on the role as HP Smoke 35. Is there a possible explanation? I don't think it is SunGard as it claims desert smoke, but my fear is that I am not getting either a SG product or a valid HP film. He states that he has a special code that he enters in the website (SG) that allows him to reach an ordering page and it and his book has it written as "Smoke" and nowhere does it say True Grey or Grey. :cool help?

Archived