Tint pro concerns...

:nope As many of you know, I have struggled to find a qualified local (70 mile radius) tint professional to slap a high performance metalized film.

I have a couple of guys that I have been talking to, one with no exeperience with anything other than dyed films and another with limited experience, but both willing to do the job. :cool

From YOU, the experts, are there any particular questions that I should ask specifically or concerns that I should bring up to make sure that they are comfortable performing the job satisfactorily? I have discussed issues of heat shrinking, dot matrix, and so on, but what would be best to get out in the open to insure that he knows what he is doing?

:lol2 On a whim, anybody here gonna be in the Central Michigan area anytime soon? Lansing? Detroit? Grand Rapids?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When you first came here to the board...weren't your concerns about cold weather because it was the middle of winter?  Just get the thing tinted already.  :hmmm  :lol2

[*]288242

:shock:nope

Ha ha ha, EXACTLY! Thought it would be done already. I had another done in the meantime, but it was on a car I sold to a family member, so I wasn't as particular and she didn't know the difference. Then, the wife got involved (anti-tint), well lets just say that there has been politicking to get it done. But when it comes to my kids' eyes in the glaring sun, I have won out! In the last 10 years I have stayed legal, so she has no defense!

BTW- once I get it done, I'm not going away like everyother non-tinter. I truelly enjoy it here! Plus, I really hope to meet TexasTintChick! :shock:nope

Guest darkdan
not going away like everyother non-tinter.  I truelly enjoy it here!  Plus, I really hope to meet TexasTintChick!  :shock  :shock

[*]288249

Join the orderly queue. The line forms to the left.

Guest VOLTRON

just make sure they are going to one piece the back glass and microedge the operating windows. ask if the tint over the dot matrix or if they stop before it. if they do tint the dot matrix, ask them how they do it in order not to have it peel and make sure it sticks properly to the matrix.

make sure they use a metalized film and ask if they tint around the third brake light or remove it.

man when I have a customer that asks all those freakikng questions clearly I think its competition.......just take it somewhere dont ask all the questions you want to ask, let them do they're job and if you got "problems" then take it from there........good luck.

:shock On a whim, anybody here gonna be in the Central Michigan area anytime soon?  Lansing? Detroit? Grand Rapids?

[*]288241

I went to new holland and grand haven last year to enjoy the great bike trails there :lol2

But on a trip like that, the last thing I want to do is more tinting :shock

I went to new holland and grand haven last year to enjoy the great bike trails there :D

But on a trip like that, the last thing I want to do is more tinting :dunno

[*]288273

Thanks Vo- I'll be aware of that for sure!

TINT- Thanks, but the problem here is that the culture of Tinters who regularly post here represent an elite group of professionals....a luxury that I found surprisingly does not exist in my area....If any of my local tinters are reading this, then read on my friends there is much to learn. The information that I continue to get from the 10 or so shops I have frequented and/or had conversations with is waaaaaaaaaaaay behind on the technological aspects as well as the numerous useful and effective techniques often discussed and described here at Tintdude! What I am saying is...that I can't trust these guys who tell me stuff like, "yeah, I sell Solartint brand, and it is by far the best and most expensive tint out there and I'll warranty it for life." I then ask if it is metalized and he will say, "What do you mean by that?" I have had the same exact pitch on Gila River and some other dyed and currently fading films (some good ones too, but just aren't "up on things"). I wish I could trust them, but I can't!

GUS! I wondered if you might pipe in...........and honestly, I was kind of hoping you would, but I COMPLETELY understand man! That's what a vacation is for....just remember though, a day of tinting might be a welcomed change from hanging out with the family :lol2 . Remember this man; My wife is an AWESOME cook, and I have miles of nice wooded bike trails in a county park right out my back yard :D:coffee:lol ............and I also like the West side drive up the coast :coffee

Nah- its all good man, enjoy the vacation Gus! Nice to hear from you...

Archived