Scratch film

Guest Midnite

Guest Midnite

Hey guys I need some advice on how to conquer this prob. I installed 20% SR on the two front windows of a 04 Jeep Cherokee.

But when the window is rolled down it seem to be getting scratched you see scratch marks on the film on the inside.

Whats causing this and how can it be fixed thanks all for the advice.

:)

http://www.tintdude.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=17386

It has the gay hard plastic gasket on the door panel. thats whats scratching your tint. years before the gasket was lined with felt, now thay are hard plastic and any dirt particles in the gasket will grind into your tint scratching it.

THANKS ALOT JEEP :bling the only way to fix it is to get some automotive stick on felt and take the gasket out and line it with the felt like it should have been from the beginning :bling

there are LOTs of manufacturers going to this hard feltless gasket and its becomming a HUGE problem for tinters. that little felt gasket made alot of difference.

HONDA, FORD, MERCEDES, BMW and the list goes on and on..... its a pain in the ass. I tell customers before hand so I dont get stuck with the problem, I tell them they need to complain to the dealership they bought it at. after lots of complaints they might realize they have a problem. dodge realized they had the problem with the new dodge pu and went back with the felt gasket,,,,but so far they are the only ones that have admitted it was a problem.

Guest Rockabilly
...dodge realized they had the problem with the new dodge pu and went back with the felt gasket,,,,but so far they are the only ones that have admitted it was a problem.

[*]296766

The last couple of Honda Accords that we have had here have felted gaskets. Thanks for listening Honda.

These cars are actually made in Thailand...I dont know where the USA-spec cars are made...if they are from Thailand as well, I guess you'll get them pre-felted Accords soon too.

Also here in Australia we have another Accord variant called the Honda Accord Euro. Its actually the same car you USA folks call the Acura TSX. We dont have the Acura brand here. We still have to install felt on those ones.

BTW, a local Benz dealer has been replacig a "lot" of windups glass (not tint, the actual glass) due to scratches caused by the hard rubbers on the C class...maybe they'll go back to the drawing board too.

Are you guys talking about the gasket that runs horizonitally across the top of the door panel or a guide thats inside the door panel lower? Got a 06 to do in the future and just trying to cover bases before install. Got felt ordered just curious as I usually pull panels. Thanks in advance for any tips. Its only the 2 front doors.

Archived