seen a new mustang

Guest Sprinter

gotta felt the mustangs for sure..I just ordered some pacific felts channel liner should get it in a week..I used to use cl laurences channel liner but have still had problems with it ...glue tracks on the glass and still scratches....pacific felts stuff is more and you have to buy like 300 lin ft.....I charged 5 buck a mldg...but it is going to 10 per when the new stuff comes in....

oh and how ya been sprinter.....hey remember keep in the shade down there and drink lots of fluids..... :spit

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tell them before hand that it will scratch and let them decide if they still want to do it. I tell them if it scratches too much, take it to the dealer they bought it at and complain and tell the dealership they want those rollups replaced.

So far nobody has come back with a mustang, accord, etc, they have seemed to ge tthe message. I want NO part of this fiasco that I had no part in creating.

Eventhough I tell people their windows will scratch I havent had anybody tell me they dont want them tinted after being told.

Numerous complaints to delaerships is the only way this problem is ever gonna get fixed.

Guest autotinter
I tell them before hand that it will scratch and let them decide if they still want to do it. I tell them if it scratches too much, take it to the dealer they bought it at and complain and tell the dealership they want those rollups replaced.

So far nobody has come back with a mustang, accord, etc, they have seemed to ge tthe message. I want NO part of this fiasco that I had no part in creating.

Eventhough I tell people their windows will scratch I havent had anybody tell me they dont want them tinted after being told.

Numerous complaints to delaerships is the only way this problem is ever gonna get fixed.

[*]302211

:DD:spit:spit

Guest Guest

[*]302211

I agree, This is something that needs to be adressed by the manufacturers. Yes tinters felting the rubber sills will fix the problem but only temporarily in my opinion. Felting not designed to be there wont last and in my opinion is like rigging something to work but not fixing the problem.

:DD:spit:spit

[*]302225

Guest Sprinter
gotta felt the mustangs for sure..I just ordered some pacific felts channel liner should get it in a week..I used to use cl laurences channel liner but have still had problems with it ...glue tracks on the glass and still scratches....pacific felts stuff is more and you have to buy like 300 lin ft.....I charged 5 buck a mldg...but it is going to 10 per when the new stuff comes in....

oh and how ya been sprinter.....hey remember keep in the shade down there and drink lots of fluids..... :lol6

[*]302207

been busy, drinking lots of water.................is that 10 bucks per door with pulling the panel?

on the stangs I was thinking of charging 40 per door or more ?

the guy who's a friend of a friend charges 50 per door on mecedes.

Did my first Pacific States felt job today.

Replaced my competitor's TAN FELT 1/4" looked like sheet.

Got $50.00 for the pair and told the customer it was my first and warrantied the felt for two years and requested that she give me feed back. (I can always give her money back I suppose)

It was a Jeep. I wrapped the dual wipers individually, after having scuffed them with sand paper, blowed out with air, , and cleaned with alcohol.

Ok how'd I do guys and gals?

Did my first Pacific States felt job today.

Replaced my competitor's TAN FELT 1/4" looked like sheet.

Got  $50.00 for the pair and  told the customer it was my first and warrantied the felt for two years and requested that she give me feed back. (I can always give her money back I suppose)

It was a Jeep. I wrapped the dual wipers individually, after having scuffed them with sand paper, blowed out with air, , and cleaned with alcohol.

Ok how'd I do guys and gals?

[*]302622

You did fine, we hope. The 2 year deal is a wise move. :shock

I agree I'm going to start that tomorrow 2 year on an aftermarket felt job...I pull all panels so I am not charging that much more to felt them..I kinda think it makes my shop a step above the competition and I want to be fair with my customers....not saying people who charge 25 or more per mldg are not being fair for there application but like I said we pull all panels anyway so my charge is just for the felt and a little labor time...

and tan felt...yuck... :lol2

Guest Sprinter

but your customers don't know you pull every stinkin panel anyways, so now you'll be selling them something they won't get from anyone eles. :lol2

Archived