Question for film reps

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dosnt even 40% drop the vlt to >30% which would still be bad? right? wouldnt you have to use a max of 50% front and 35% rear to be within limits.

tigerstripe, Our law is 32% net (+/- 3%)

The 40% SP our film guys carry falls right on or slightly above 32% on most glass

The 35% SP will only work on Jeeps and those with mostly Clear glass

I had J pick up 2 boxes of 35% SP today that meter 29.5% in the box

hell no that is not an acceptable tolerance

gotta check the factory glass and the film. sometimes the 28 I get in meters at 25 right outta the box...other times it meter 30...crazy isn't it krazy.gif Flaugh.gif

Blade, Right on :lol2 The meter is the only way to know the VLT

Crazy that the % changes from box to box, and like Metint said

from factory edge to factory edge :lol2

It's all about covering your :bat

The film Manufacturers have to have a firm stance on 100% compliance with all state laws. It is not about warranty dodging (for the most part)

The only way you can cover yours, get a meter and check the film on and off the glass.

:lol2

Z

Guest metint

:lol2Z

To thy own self be true!

And for the most part, without intent to be offensive, we are all responsible adults, are we not? I have had very few (count one one hand) calls in 9 years from a dealer asking to have their State law clarified so they know exactly what film they should apply to be in compliance.

Two way street... life as we should know it.

Those who have asked and I've stated 50%... the reply was, "That's not what the public wants"! :bat

Tiger, no worries... I am wrong more times than I am right. :lol2

Guest tint rookie

totally cya....

if it breaks, and its warrantied, fix it.

I ran over a wrench after lifting an old pick up. free flat repair warrantee. was it my fault....oh hell yeah it was. did they replace it....oh hell yeah they did. and they were proud to do it. the tire sat in their showroom for years, (I never got my 16 mm wrench back, china special, it was ok)

lifetime warr. alternators, brakes, etc. you run a sh!t pot of electronic equip, lighting, whatever. run oversized tires or ride the brakes. still expect new product when it fails, of course you do. whether or not the damage was done on or off the road.

id never put it in writing that id do repair work due to customer damage. but if I provided a faulty product, that would be another story.

to be honest, the hassle to get paid, paper work, waiting on the check, etc. for a couple of roll ups (which sounds like the case) wouldnt make it worth it. id just redo em to get it over with and put it behind me.

something called customer service. amazing what we consider good service now a days.

sometimes a guys just gotta vent, its been slow the past week and Iguess I just have to much time on my hands.

and its true everyone has to be responsible for themselves, its just to bad there isnt more involvment from higher up.

thanks all

hey mr tigerbaby

put 50% instead of straight up 35, it will make it look like it anyway, depending on what you put on back windows, trust me on this one... :bingo simple as that. no long words needed here. just stop puttng on 35

Guest metint
its just to bad there isnt more involvment from higher up.

thanks all

[*]308405

Yeah... as I get up at 4:30 this morning to drive one hour to catch a plane for a same day, to and from Mobile Al to check in on a dealers product concern... I'll remember those words! :bingo:dunno:lol

Archived