FIRST MONTHS LOSS

Guest afterhours

Guest afterhours

Ok my shop has been open right at one month. tallied up all the money spent to open the shop (rent,lights,tools,tint,etc.) comes up to about a $1200 loss. now I know next month will be better for many reasons. People are starting to know I'm there, I don't have to buy tools, less money spent on deposits for new building lights etc.... So my question is, is my loss major, normal, or was this month great???

Business wise I felt like things where awesome considering I'm new in a location that doesn't know much about tint. Actually beet out my competitor by a pretty fair margine (only know these b/c we are buds).... so what is normal for a first month???

Guest Retro Tint
Ok my shop has been open right at one month. tallied up all the money spent to open the shop (rent,lights,tools,tint,etc.) comes up to about a $1200 loss. now I know next month will be better for many reasons. People are starting to know I'm there, I don't have to buy tools, less money spent on deposits for new building lights etc.... So my question is, is my loss major, normal, or was this month great???

Business wise I felt like things where awesome considering I'm new in a location that doesn't know much about tint. Actually beet out my competitor by a pretty fair margine (only know these b/c we are buds).... so what is normal for a first month???

[*]309663

If your buds, why not split some cost and get it going as partners? :jerkit

Guest FilmBlazer

[*]309663

If your buds, why not split some cost and get it going as partners? :jerkit

[*]310247

No Chit!

Guest yellohx

It just depends on your reputaion as a tinter. If your good Everyone will know you by name. We have a new shop that isnt even open yet and we already turned a profit.

Guest afterhours

well the thing is we actually are sort of. I actually tint at his shop and I own my own shop. his shop is the closest competition and that is about 30 miles away. so I guess my only competition around is my self? go figure.

What a minute

You just opened a business and are expecting a profit the first month? It took me six months to show a profit and a year before I took in a steady income.

I think you need to focus on a forcasting budget, a projected sales goal each month and work from there.

if you are just hoping to make a profit without a plan, failure will be an option

What a minute

You just opened a business and are expecting a profit the first month? It took me six months to show a profit and a year before I took in a steady income.

I think you need to focus on a forcasting budget, a projected sales goal each month and work from there.

if you are just hoping to make a profit without a plan, failure will be an option

Be buggered!!!!!!!!!

I was wanting a profit from day 1 and made sure I did it by selling the jobs appropriately with the right profit margin.

Charity has never started with me when selling film.

Devil :thumb

What a minute

Dam I have had my business 21 years and still work for free :thumb

Archived