Finally got myself a stainless pressure tank

I haven't got her into service yet, but I finally have one to modify a bit and use. My cheapo pump tank from the local hardware store is still doing a great job (after about five years of service now), but I am sick of pumping it two or three times on every car.

My father lives in a nearby city that has a major Pepsi distributor. I mentioned to him about two years ago that I was interested in a Cornelious (sp?) tank from them. He tried to get one from the distributor, but they wouldn't let one go. He found the maintenance location for this distributor last week. They fix any issues with the valves and seals, and wash them all out before they are re-filled. They sold him one for $15, and it was totally reconditioned, minus a couple of dents.

I just want to add a filter to the inlet air valve and get a hose on her, but I was told they will take 125 psi of pressure. Sweet, no more pumping a manual tank!

yeah the will take ALOT of pressure like you said but you only need around 20 LBS of pressure to make it work. I have been using them since 94 and love those tanks. 15 bucks is a great prive for one with new gaskets and stuff.

Back about 10 years ago or so one of those tanks exploded in a drink trailer at a little league baeball game out at the air base here, the guy bled out in the trailer during the game before they found him. so basicly these things COULD be very harmfull if pressurized to the max, believe me I think about that EVERy time I am putting pressure in my tank. I dont put alot of pressure in mine and they still work fine that way.

TTC, I will post pics this week when I get it all set up (and fix the download problem with my camera).

Thanks for the advice on the pressure thing... I know our shop compressor only goes to 100 psi, but if that's too much, I do have a pressure regulator that is normally used for paint guns that I can set to a lower pressure for this application.

Does 20 psi evacuate the entire contents of the bottle, or do you need to re-pressurize more than once between adding water? Obviously, the lower amount of water (which won't compress much), and more amount of air that is compressed will provide different results. How many gallons of water do you add each re-fill?

Back about 10 years ago or so one of those tanks exploded in a drink trailer at a little league baeball game out at the air base here, the guy bled out in the trailer during the game before they found him. so basicly these things COULD be very harmfull if pressurized to the max, believe me I think about that EVERy time I am putting pressure in my tank. I dont put alot of pressure in mine and they  still work fine that way.

[*]313267

:thumb

Archived