N00b questions...please help..

Guest alphadog808

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if you have dual pane windows then whatever film you are going to use you need to make sure the absorbtion on the film is less the 50%.

Dont put it on the outside it will suck.

cut the film out bigger then trim on the glass, make sure you have a stainless steel olfa blade or it will scratch the glass.

solution should be soap and water in a sqiurt bottle. you want it to be soapy so about 2 tablespoons of soap to a full bottle and if thats not enuff then add more. dont tint in the direct sun it will be harder, wait till the sun is off the windwos or before it hits them.

when we clean the windows before we tint them we use a 6 inch triumph scraper to clean with and the solution that we install the film with. dont use paper towels use a razor.

Guest alphadog808

Hey guys,

You know how all of you guys are saying that the I'll get glass crackage or seal problems...? Is this only relevant to double pane glass? The seller told me I should have no problems if it's single pane...true?

If so, then my next question is...how can I tell if I have single or double pane glass??? It's an older house...

Sorry again for all the stupid questions...

Guest alphadog808

Regardless of where I got the film from, do you know if it's safe to put this tint on single pane glass? I walked around the house, everything but one window(door) seems to be single pane...

I just wanted to hear from you guys if tinting 4% privacy on single pane will cause glass breakage...I think you guys were talking about double pane...

haven't found a film darker than 10% that's pre-approved for single pane application on any film to glass application chart. but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. it's not like I'm going out of my way to check this out for you.

Archived