81 sting ray corvette

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

did a 81 vette today and don't think I'll want to do this car again for quite a while. it came out perfect but my back and neck hurt from laying on my back installing the film. I had to have one of my guys heat the glass while I was inside because the corners where the big bend is kept popping loose. had minor contamination in a few spots around the edge but for a 25 year old car it was a great job, next time I'll charge more though

This is one of those few cars out there that I do in peices...1 peice covering the defrost area...and 2 corner peices can do them in one..but feel it comes out cleaner and will last longer due to not shrinking the crap out of it.

(keeps you in practice for when doing seams :rollin )

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

I was never learned how to do anything but one piece back windows, so I do them all in one, I've been tinting almost 5 years now and the guys who taught me didn't feel the need to teach me that.

Don't get me wrong though I can tint almost any car better than 90% of the tinters out there, but that one was an experience

I was never learned how to  do anything but one piece back windows, so I do them all in one, I've been tinting almost 5 years now and the guys who taught me didn't feel the need to teach me that.

[*]315855

Although virtually obsolete after the 80's, being able to do professional splicing on certain vehicles IMO is important for longevity of a job on certain cars.

I know I'll get some who will disagree..but that's OK..I believe with certain cars (Cuttlass Supreme ...I'll throw in even the old Saturn 4 drs,Thunder chicken, old honda accords) ..I'll always see them driving around with premature film failure in the very areas that you had to heat the crap out of them to do it in 1 peice...just because you CAN ..doesn't nesessarily mean you SHOULD.

Thank goodness these cars are a thing of the past...for the most part :shock

Yep....I agree.  We've all seen it, push the film too much and  it ends up fighting back, eventually. :woowoo

[*]316004

...and these are the very same cars you don't want's the customer stalking you down for with a warranty paper in his hand 3-5 yrs later :lol2

Archived