Advice for first time Auto Detailer

Guest jasaman

Guest AutoAppearancesInc

Anthony:

I agree with you...

When I was still a part timer I went to Prep. Excel. Class.

Well worth the money and now they even have a real nice Tech center.

Everything looks different when you are doing this part time.

The one thing I would of changed is having lots of capital before taking this fulltime.

is a different world out there when you take it to the full time level.

When the weather is great and business is rolling we are happy.

Then it rains, snows, etc and the phone stops ringing.

You always need some backup cash.

Thankfully I still have a parttime computer contract and do other odd job when the weather is bad.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anthony Orosco

Paul,

Exactly..great points!

Even though here in SouthTexas I can work pretty much year round there are still times, usually around the start of Spring or towards the start of Fall, we get lots of rain, sometimes a two week stretch of rain...rain and more rain. At those times I can just sit back and watch the money drain because bills don't stop! They need to be paid and they don't care if I am working or not. Kids need to eat also...what's up with that? :)

I am now setting up to be a distributor of Optimum products for Texas and I also have a few others starting up in a few other places. I need to look to the future now because I won't always be able to do detailing. Irene from Top Of The Line wants me to come work for her and run her business and David from Optimum also wants me to become a part of his growing products company so detailing has given me a few opportunities that look very promising but my start would of been much nicer had I had the right financial backing.

Take care,

Anthony

Guest AutoAppearancesInc
Paul,

Exactly..great points!

Even though here in SouthTexas I can work pretty much year round there are still times, usually around the start of Spring or towards the start of Fall, we get lots of rain, sometimes a two week stretch of rain...rain and more rain. At those times I can just sit back and watch the money drain because bills don't stop! They need to be paid and they don't care if I am working or not. Kids need to eat also...what's up with that?  :lol

I am now setting up to be a distributor of Optimum products for Texas and I also have a few others starting up in a few other places. I need to look to the future now because I won't always be able to do detailing. Irene from Top Of The Line wants me to come work for her and run her business and David from Optimum also wants me to become a part of his growing products company so detailing has given me a few opportunities that look very promising but my start would of been much nicer had I had the right financial backing.

Take care,

Anthony

[*]322600

Anthony:

Yes I know what you mean, I just went a long while with no work, I have no idea what the heck was going on, but I had no work and bills to pay, and yes what is up with those kids wanting to eat? lol!!

I am with you on the detailing. I am 45 years old, and really don't want to be doing this level work in 5 years.

As far as your new ventures. I have an idea.

I am sure that you have already created a business plan for your new venture, if not create one, then go to talk to some of your high end clients about your idea. Ask them if they would be intrested in investing some money into your new business. You would be suprised what you may find out, either may may be willing or they may know someone..

Just an idea for you to think about...

Guest Sprinter

I say since he does'nt know how to detail that he should go to the class for 297.00 at right look or he might not know the questions to ask and if there full someone will ask all the questions he's thinking about or would'nt of thought about.

and for less than 300 bucks to see many people do different things that would take him a year or two to think up or do that he'll be ahead if he sees first hand what goes into a detail.

I did mobile detailing for 12 years and when I had a friend join my company he was detailing for a caddy dealership in town and there were alot of things I learned from him that I would'nt of on my own.

so go to class and soak up the information and talk to others who attend the class.

Archived