Tail lights

Guest DarkSideTint

Guest DarkSideTint

I have been tinting cars for 5 years but now I want to tint my tail lights because I saw something like that here. Can someone explain to me what is the best way to do it. And if there is a thread for it can you direct me to it. Thank you. Alex

this is the cheapest spray out on the market and it works but you need to also use a clear so it doesnt fade.

you will need to completely clean the lens of with some soap or something and then do a final cleaning with some alcohol.

you will also need to be carefull when you spray because if you spray to much it will turn out black and it wont be transparent. what I do is spray light coats and let it dry and continue the process untill the darkness I want is achieved.

after it is completely dry, spray a clear on, it might look a little bit cloudy but the cloudyness will go away as it dries.

Guest nbkbms5

I tried the Testors translucent spray paint. It didn't come out so good.

I am in the process of having a paint place with 10parts clear to 1 part black and just paint them that way. I have heard of folks having success that way. I will add some pictures when I pick up my Dodge Magnum tomorrow.

Solar E

do you take out the lens and paint the inside?

so it would have a deep clear gloss over the paint........

or mask it off and paint the outside of the lens?

:wall

Z

Guest alphatinter

I have done my chevy, its called taillight smoke, you clean, then spray, no need for clear, you make it darker than you want then sand to buff to shine, it will become lighter when you buff/sand it out.

Archived