your opinion please

Guest tintwitch

Guest tintwitch

I am just looking for some other ideas for installing a ps adhesive film on glass after removing a cdf (dry)adhesive product. I have this situation once in a while and would like the install to go a little smoother.

Guest tintwitch
why did it not go smooth the last time?

[*]327730

whenever I have this situation the cdf adhesive remains in the pores of the glass, even though it has been cleaned properly. when I put on the pressure sensitve film it tacks up very fast and it is difficult to get out all the water with the blue max. I am an experienced installer and have always been able to get the job done right but I am looking for something different that I have not already done or tried myself. is there a better way of cleaning the glass than a 6in razor blade? is it cost effective? is there a solution I dont know about?

Guest tintwitch
I've never had a problem like that  :lol6  and I know the situation has come up before for me  :dunno

[*]327738

sometimes it is not a problem . sometimes it is a real pain in the a$$. I am in nor cal where it gets upwards of 105deg in the summer and the film can cure pretty damn tight in that heat.

I have run into that on every install where I removed that type of adhesive. You can see how the solution does not evenly spread when you spray. It is like working on glass with RainX

Each time I at least double up on my slip solution. For the most part it has worked. I have noticed on hot days it is worse.

Guest VOLTRON

I am finishing up a 40,000 sq job that we removed cdf and reinstalled cdf and yes the film does want to tack very quickly because the adhesive does get into the pores and makes it tack faster. I also just use more slip and it works out well.

I have run into that on every install where I removed that type of adhesive. You can see how the solution does not evenly spread when you spray. It is like working on glass with RainX

Each time I at least double up on my slip solution. For the most part it has worked. I have noticed on hot days it is worse.

[*]327755

Your not alone there! I've had that and you'd bet someone has spiked your application solution with Super Glue.

Devil

Archived