your opinion please

Guest tintwitch

why did it not go smooth the last time?

[*]327730

whenever I have this situation the cdf adhesive remains in the pores of the glass, even though it has been cleaned properly. when I put on the pressure sensitve film it tacks up very fast and it is difficult to get out all the water with the blue max. I am an experienced installer and have always been able to get the job done right but I am looking for something different that I have not already done or tried myself. is there a better way of cleaning the glass than a 6in razor blade? is it cost effective? is there a solution I dont know about?

[*]327733

have you tried rubbing alchohal and a white scrub pad?

that has worked but it eats up the time. charge accordingly

Guest tintwitch

I appreciate the replies although I have tried everything that has been mentioned on this thred. some more soap helps but it is still not the same as a new install. I guess I was looking for a trick that hasnt been invented yet. no worries. I'll just keep on keepin on.

I've never had a problem like that  :cool  and I know the situation has come up before for me  :cool

[*]327738

sometimes it is not a problem . sometimes it is a real pain in the a$$. I am in nor cal where it gets upwards of 105deg in the summer and the film can cure pretty damn tight in that heat.

[*]327743

funny you should say, I do alot of work in norcal, as im in the bay area, never had a problem with anything to what you mentioned...solution?

The only thing that I have heard that has worked for CDF infestation, when it seems to be a problem, is too harsh for recommendation.

Sorry but... alcohol won't touch it...

The milder option, as opposed to the harsh one, would be to try Z-12 glass polish from zainostore.com.

Guest tintwitch
I've never had a problem like that? :lol? and I know the situation has come up before for me? :cool

[*]327738

sometimes it is not a problem . sometimes it is a real pain in the a$$. I am in nor cal where it gets upwards of 105deg in the summer and the film can cure pretty damn tight in that heat.

[*]327743

funny you should say, I do alot of work in norcal, as im in the bay area, never had a problem with anything to what you mentioned...solution?

[*]328171

well like I had mentioned before, this is not a common problem. maybe once a year I run into it. out of 200,000 plus squares last year I saw it once. this is most recent situation. the install went up fine with a bit more soap as is usually done but what I was looking for was a way of removing the cdf to the point were I dont need to alter my solution.

Archived