HELP REQUIRED !

Guest Palomine

Guest Palomine

:lol6

Ive just done a shop front, DN50 external fitted to laminated glass.

Because of the width of the glass I used 4 equally cut pieces of film all off the same new roll.

After receiveng a call from the cust, after the 90days adhering time, I return to find that at least 2 if not 3 of the pieces a?? appear to be different colours on the window. The window is not partly shaded or effected differently across the glass bu obstacles, so im a bit perplexed, cust not happy & facing full refund.

Can anybody help?

:lol6:lol2:lol6

Guest Palomine
give us the brand and product please

sound like you need to contact Devil -he knows his stuff on Flatt glass :lol6

[*]328761

Johnsons, or should I say shampoo, its amazin what you pick up reading old threads!

Any help is sincerely appreciated!

:lol6

Lami glass? Possibility the film's performance affected the laminant between the glass.

Big J, all from the same roll... there are variations in specs during manufacturing, but I am hard pressed to believe it could occur so quickly as to have an effect on that Little a section of a master roll.

Did you "reverse"the factory edges ??

After installing the first piece of the roll you should seem the next part with the other factory edge

side of the roll otherwise you get color difference.

Don't know if you understand what I mean ,but this is the best way I can explain.

[*]328794

Wow... I missed that if it is truly how the install went?

Glass so big needing 4 pieces placed side by side on the same pane?

If so, right side of film coming out of the box must be aligned with the same right side of the second piece. The third piece pulled from the box must have the left side aligned to the left side of the second and now the fourth will require right side to right of the third.

If it would help in keeping track, use a marker to put 'R' for right and 'L' for left on each piece as they are pulled from the box. Lefts go together or rights go together.

Film VLT can vary slightly across the width. Not so much that it can be perceived with one piece of film, but if you align right side of one to the left side of another, you will sometimes get what looks like two different films.

Did you "reverse"the factory edges ??

After installing the first piece of the roll you should seem the next part with the other factory edge

side of the roll otherwise you get color difference.

Don't know if you understand what I mean ,but this is the best way I can explain.

[*]328794

Wow... I missed that if it is truly how the install went?

Glass so big needing 4 pieces placed side by side on the same pane?

If so, right side of film coming out of the box must be aligned with the same right side of the second piece. The third piece pulled from the box must have the left side aligned to the left side of the second and now the fourth will require right side to right of the third.

If it would help in keeping track, use a marker to put 'R' for right and 'L' for left on each piece as they are pulled from the box. Lefts go together or rights go together.

Film VLT can vary slightly across the width. Not so much that it can be perceived with one piece of film, but if you align right side of one to the left side of another, you will sometimes get what looks like two different films.

[*]328855

big time :thumbdown

:what What they said.

If the seams aren't lined up properly, you will see the color variation you are describing.

Doesn't matter who's film you are using.

From my experience, it doesn't matter wether its reflective or non-reflective. :what

:evilgrin

Ive just done a shop front, DN50 external fitted to laminated glass.

Because of the width of the glass I used 4 equally cut pieces of film all off the same new roll.

After receiveng a call from the cust, after the 90days adhering time, I return to find that at least 2 if not 3 of the pieces a?? appear to be different colours on the window. The window is not partly shaded or effected differently across the glass bu obstacles, so im a bit perplexed, cust not happy & facing full refund.

Can anybody help?

:evilgrin  :popcorn  :)

[*]328756

I have had this problem in the past when butting film up befor but never had a problem with DN 50 :lol

Archived