IWFA

Guest whale hung

Guest tint rookie
Key thing is recognition in the world out there. The IWFA allows us to be recognized as a true industry.

It is not totally of what they can do for you, it is involvement from everyone.

If it wasn't for the IWFA, many states would not be allowing film on any autos what so ever. That alone, it is well worth the few bucks each year.

[*]331596

You got it. Without the watchdog legislation would pass thru unnoticed until to late.

[*]332153

riiiight, tell that on to a tinter in PA,RI, or ME

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I remember looking into a membership about sixteen years ago.? I didn't sign up then, and I haven't considered it lately either.? What are the advantages of being a member anyway?

[*]331302

they have a little test to take. and if you pass.you are a film instaler ! who are thay to tell me if I am a film instaler or not ? I was tinting before this crap was even thought of .so if I have a web page will you send me money . I will tell you if you are doing things the way I think thay should be done ?

[*]331303

For years tinters have been wanting credibility... the IWFA, with the help of many tinters and other industry people, put together accreditation tests. Like other professions that have on display some displays of certificates or diplomas... so can anyone wanting to increase the credibility appearance of themselves compared with those around them who balk at such an idea.

The biggest obstacle to the window film industry receiving credibility in the business and public arena is.... arrogance.

You are not required to take any of them, but I do know more and more contracts going down for safety film are requiring manufacturer or industry recognized accreditation to even bid. Have even heard of regular flat glass bids going out to accredited only tinters.

No on but you can make the choice.

I am looking to add a line of film to my shop and the film company said to do biz with them I have to join IWFA !what the h@ll ? that should be my choice . whats next ? tell me I have to drive a ford? :lol2

[*]331306

They must not want to sell film then... that's absurd... they're just trying to improve their standing with the IWFA in terms of membership or they don't want to sell you film and are using that as the film block.

[*]331343

I understand Your position MeTint, byt let's look at problem from other angle. In reality this organization consist from competitors. May be somewhere and sometimes competitors are good friends - but I don't see deep friendship in ..FA case. Also I think the best use of usability are organizations deals. I am far from America, I am in EU where also is such organization. What negative we got: new TINT REGULATIONS are deeper and deeper, and for example in Latvia 70% of TINTSHOP closed. As it was OWNER-TINTER shops - people became jobless. Where was EWFA at that time? As I understand something same was in UK, may be not so tragic. Here people have a tradition to tint ALL cars and think that with front tinting car look urgly and don't tint it at all.....

Pleas show me positiv samples of ...FA's work. Yeeeeaaaaaaaaah, I know about lobby to get some government jobs...But let's big fishes play in their aquarium, why do they need simple tinters money? Diploma's? Certifikate's? I can print You any of them. Deals. Deals and Deals.

Where are the deals? Ask this people durng the meeting in Vegas. Hope there will be nice party with one free drink :lol2

Archived