IWFA

Guest whale hung

Guest whale hung

well I looked in to joining but thay seam like thay dont no what thay do . :gasp and get this .the president is a sun guard dealer ! and thay have the nerve to stress quality :gasp

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest whale hung
I remember looking into a membership about sixteen years ago.  I didn't sign up then, and I haven't considered it lately either.  What are the advantages of being a member anyway?

[*]331302

they have a little test to take. and if you pass.you are a film instaler ! who are thay to tell me if I am a film instaler or not ? I was tinting before this crap was even thought of .so if I have a web page will you send me money . I will tell you if you are doing things the way I think thay should be done ?

Guest whale hung

I am looking to add a line of film to my shop and the film company said to do biz with them I have to join IWFA !what the h@ll ? that should be my choice . whats next ? tell me I have to drive a ford :gasp

The prez is a Sungard dealer? In my limited experience with Sungard, I was not asked to join to carry any of their film. What film are you talking about? If you do not want to share that info publicly, PM me. I will remember to steer clear of film made by the manufacterer if that's the case.

I remember looking into a membership about sixteen years ago.? I didn't sign up then, and I haven't considered it lately either.? What are the advantages of being a member anyway?

[*]331302

they have a little test to take. and if you pass.you are a film instaler ! who are thay to tell me if I am a film instaler or not ? I was tinting before this crap was even thought of .so if I have a web page will you send me money . I will tell you if you are doing things the way I think thay should be done ?

[*]331303

For years tinters have been wanting credibility... the IWFA, with the help of many tinters and other industry people, put together accreditation tests. Like other professions that have on display some displays of certificates or diplomas... so can anyone wanting to increase the credibility appearance of themselves compared with those around them who balk at such an idea.

The biggest obstacle to the window film industry receiving credibility in the business and public arena is.... arrogance.

You are not required to take any of them, but I do know more and more contracts going down for safety film are requiring manufacturer or industry recognized accreditation to even bid. Have even heard of regular flat glass bids going out to accredited only tinters.

No on but you can make the choice.

I am looking to add a line of film to my shop and the film company said to do biz with them I have to join IWFA !what the h@ll ? that should be my choice . whats next ? tell me I have to drive a ford  :gasp

[*]331306

They must not want to sell film then... that's absurd... they're just trying to improve their standing with the IWFA in terms of membership or they don't want to sell you film and are using that as the film block.

Archived