Lumisty revisited... how's it selling??

The concept is absolutely brillaint Metint but until another film manufacturer comes up with something similar to keep the market competitive, it will always suffer "buy in" cost that makes it prohibitive.

A bit like years ago when IBM were the only ones with golfball typewriters. They charged what they wanted because no one else at that time had it.

Devil

The concept is absolutely brillaint Metint but until another film manufacturer comes up with something similar to keep the market competitive, it will always suffer "buy in" cost that makes it prohibitive.

A bit like years ago when IBM were the only ones with golfball typewriters. They charged what they wanted because no one else at that time had it.

Devil

[*]334521

Still only ONE TEAM make LUMISTY...Monopoly. That's why they can ask ANY PRICE....

The concept is absolutely brilliant Metint but until another film manufacturer comes up with something similar to keep the market competitive, it will always suffer "buy in" cost that makes it prohibitive.

Devil

[*]334521

No disagreement on the concept...

Must be a tinter making it... in my experience at the post I hold I see far too many things come to this industry priced as though that one sole item will be responsible for someone's retirement...

Look at LLu, for example... but in their case there are many looking to retire. :inot :DD

Must be a tinter making it... in my experience at the post I hold I see far too many things come to this industry priced as though that one sole item will be responsible for someone's retirement...

We may agree to disagree occasionally but hell that is one really true comment there Metint.

Cheers,

Dev

Guest tony382

I've done two jobs with lumisty and both jobs I stand back look and say to myself why do they want this. no one has used this film properly as of yet. we used about 500 sq ft of lumisty at the movie editing place in santa monica. all the offices down the hall way had floor to ceiling siliconed glass and we ran lumisty 48" wide horizontally. I think it looked horible cuz its so thick. it looked like graffitti gard at an angle, it didn't really serve the purpose they wanted it to do but hey....they still paid and a nice check it was

Archived