Saying Hello

Guest shadetree

Guest shadetree

Hello all, and props to all the OG's and Z the entertainer. You guys rock.

To Mdog the Master: I was gonna quit until I tried my '93 Tortous back glass doggystyle. All I can say is, "Wow."

I've been enjoying this forum for a long time. I think I've read almost every piece of text that I could find here, and managed to grab my ballz and make a few posts. I hope to contribute back at least a small portion of the knowledge that I've taken from here. It is invaluable and inspiring (most of the time) :)

My background.

I'm an automotive engineer. I've been suffering in the corporate environmental bs and working for someone else for way too long. :inot (11yrs) I'm done. I have a one year old daughter and another one on the way in Feb. Day care will be ridiculou$ at that time, and my wife and I have figured out that it would be best for me to quit my job and take care of the house and kids. Lucky me + :)

The one good thing about my day job is, it's primarily where I've picked up all my work, which ranges from tinting, to brakes, to car audio and anything and everything that I can handle in my garage. There's enough requests for tint alone that will keep me busy enough when I quit. Plus, it's a lot cleaner and more lucritive than yanking clutches. :rollin

I have a business license, but it's not for any of the auto stuff. It's for my other hobby, which coral reef tanks. It's not really a money maker, just something I really love. So, all the film that I've purchased over the years has been retail from this glass coating company out here (S.E. Lower MI) that I've only have seen reference to in a couple posts. $$ It's pretty good stuff from what I can tell. I've never used any of the other brands that I've read about here, other than the Ebay HP Metalized stuff. I've figured out how to shrink it, but I don't know of it's durability yet. Six months is the oldest install I have with the stuff. Oh, and of course, I can't forget the parts store H.Q. shiz. :)

I don't know where I'll end up with installing film, but I really do enjoy it. My customers are happy, and it is rewarding to me. (not monatarily yet)

Just wanted to introduce myself and pay my respects to all of you true grinders out there making a living with this shizz.

:lol2:lol2

:):lol2

Guest naughtydog
props to all the OG's

I dont wish to sound stupid...but the word "props", we don't use that in england, what does it mean??

Is it something like - respect??

naughty

Guest shadetree
props to all the OG's

I dont wish to sound stupid...but the word "props", we don't use that in england, what does it mean??

Is it something like - respect??

naughty

[*]333402

ahh yes, it's short for "proper respect". I think it originated from some of the old school rap artists. I believe I first heard it from a Digital Underground song. "Proper respect is what we're givin'. We're givin' graveyard props." To all the original g's....... :eyebrows

Archived