Big Windows

Guest windoworx

I can't say I have ever seen a film stretch in 30 years....auto or flat glass. 

[*]335096

:spit And me for 25 years... polyester film does not stretch... urethane film does.

Worx... like I said in my post and on the phone, find your groove with the mild squeegee pass to lay the film in a more relaxed state, then do the hammering pass with a harder squeegee. Even then, keep your strokes consistently straight in nature.

Good Luck...

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest windoworx

All done. Man I am tired. Did have one small crease in the bottom right corner of one of the 71 x 77 windows. Flattened it pretty good with the push stick. The customer left early so he had no comments. I'll give myself an "A". Always leave room for improvement.

im my experience tinting windows, I've never seen anyone crease a flat glass :spit

[*]335194

:evilgrin Did that condo job yesterday... little experience with flat but no creases.

[*]335418

you must be tinting blind or really drunk to crease a flat glass :spit

Guest windoworx
im my experience tinting windows, I've never seen anyone crease a flat glass :spit

[*]335194

:spit Did that condo job yesterday... little experience with flat but no creases.

[*]335418

you must be tinting blind or really drunk to crease a flat glass :lol2

[*]335627

Since I wasn't drunk or blind, it must be my good looks.

[*]335194

:spit Did that condo job yesterday... little experience with flat but no creases.

[*]335418

you must be tinting blind or really drunk to crease a flat glass :lol2

[*]335627

Since I wasn't drunk or blind, it must be my good looks.

[*]335661

:lol

I highly doubt that :lol2

Guest sunbuster
yea thats what I do when I have to peel the film back, try to make sure that it is all dry around the area that I have to peel back, because yes u will get a trash line.

Where are you at sunbuster?

[*]335006

We are located in Austin. I work for a company called Sunbusters. We are a VISTA, Llumar, and Formula One Dealer. The lighter tip sounds like a neat trick. I would love to see that. I don't have the cajones to even try and pull that one off.

Guest VOLTRON

when doing flatglass you will crease the film when there isnt enuff water under the film where you are trying to push the water out.

I have only used the lighter thing maybe 2 or 3 times and it was on really tall windows. I wouldnt recomend it but in dire straits it works.

All done. Man I am tired. Did have one small crease in the bottom right corner of one of the 71 x 77 windows. Flattened it pretty good with the push stick. The customer left early so he had no comments. I'll give myself an "A". Always leave room for improvement.

[*]335182

Geez an "A" with a crease in it and hope the customer doesn't notice? No sorry! Not on! :spit

Devil

Archived