Metal then Carbon then Ceramic.........

Guest redgtxdi

Metint..........may I ask the top 1 or 2 films that you typically tint with the most????

And, what their physical breakdown is????? (same jargon stuff....."non-weatherable" / "weatherable"........in the glue, in the poly, etc. etc. )

[*]336202

Well since I've retired from the day to day tinting I use only what's made around me... FormulaOne Pinnacle first and foremost, LLumar ATR Charcoal second, and if I wouldn't get fired for using it, Solar Gard True Grey would be my third choice.

All these products are color-stable, LLu and F1 have UV throughout their construction (little in mounting adhesive, in the laminating adhesive and throughout both layers of polyester)... True Grey I'd have to go ask a lab coat to know precisely where the UV is, but if it rejects 99%, it has similar construction to the LLu and F1. If it has 98%, there's a chance that it either has just one layer of poly or if it has two, one layer is weatherable and the other is not.... again, would have to ask.

[*]336210

but in reality METINT uses Gila :lol2

[*]336218

Because GILA have CARBON-LOOKING tint :lol2 Which is much better looking than "CARBON-COATED" :spit

[*]336298

:lol2

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest all about tint
Is that the order they go in from worst to best???  (Just when I thought I'd caught up to today's film lingo, I'm not even close).

So, I thought HP......(which means/meant "metalized" to me)......was a "middle" line.  The way I used to read it was.........

Dyed....(I guess called non-reflective nowadays?)

HP.......(commonly known as "metalized"?)

Titanium.......(maybe not even around anymore, but used to be the top tier?)

And the local guy.....(to whom I graciously returned the scraper he let me borrow)........explained to me that today it's

HP

Carbon

Ceramic

He said that the HP and carbon are 3M but actually Suntek products.......(???).......but that the Ceramic is a true 3M product.

Opinions???/INput???/Feedback??

[*]335852

The only film to use is the 3m color stable its not metalized so it wont mess with the am/fm navigation or gps and its not hella shiny like metalized films and oh yeah it wont turn purple so think about it yeah it might be expensive but it worth it

Archived