Metal then Carbon then Ceramic.........

Guest redgtxdi

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest darkdan
However, it doesn't seem to say much other than it's appearance.  I presume that CS is also a fairly reflective black as that's what I was told today.  Perhaps black chrome didn't take off like folks thought it would??????????????

[*]335918

CS has no reflective values really. Very NR film.

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

yeah just go for either the carbon or hp , the camry is a 98 so I doubt you'll be driving it 5 or 6 years down the road so either of those should do the job

Guest redgtxdi
Man I am glad you are not one of my customers.  Ask him what he recommends and go with it, it's a 98 Camry for chrissakes.

[*]335929

This has nothing to do with the Camry and everything to do with the film itself. If I'd never mentioned the Camry, I'd still be inquiring about the films.

Don't be a troll just 'cuz I laid my first sheet of film while you were still sh*ttin' in your diaper!

:thumb

Hmm.......didn't understand the rhymezone link, but....hey.  :spit

[*]335918

Definition of conductive... a conductive material will interfere with radio waves, just depends upon the density of the deposition and the frequency of the electronic unit.

FX, whether straight-dyed or hybrid, is made with non-weatherable polyester. What's that mean? Means there is no UV protection in the polyester and may only be found in the mounting adhesive. What's that mean? Means the film is made as inexpensively as possible and will reflect this in its longevity or the lack there of.

It's an economy film for those dealers who wish to compete with the low ballers. :popcorn

Guest redgtxdi

Ahhhh............now I see.......(said the blind man). :fdup

Actually, that was perfect!!! Very clearly understood!!!

(Makes me wonder why 3M wouldn't be leary of giving the HP product a lifetime warranty. Why not 5yr or something?? Maybe nobody cares after a couple years anyway??) <----probably the case more often than not.

Metint..........may I ask the top 1 or 2 films that you typically tint with the most????

And, what their physical breakdown is??? (same jargon stuff....."non-weatherable" / "weatherable"........in the glue, in the poly, etc. etc. )

My old-school brain certainly takes pleasure in the info!!

TIA :lol6

Metint..........may I ask the top 1 or 2 films that you typically tint with the most????

And, what their physical breakdown is???  (same jargon stuff....."non-weatherable" / "weatherable"........in the glue, in the poly, etc. etc. )

[*]336202

Well since I've retired from the day to day tinting I use only what's made around me... FormulaOne Pinnacle first and foremost, LLumar ATR Charcoal second, and if I wouldn't get fired for using it, Solar Gard True Grey would be my third choice.

All these products are color-stable, LLu and F1 have UV throughout their construction (little in mounting adhesive, in the laminating adhesive and throughout both layers of polyester)... True Grey I'd have to go ask a lab coat to know precisely where the UV is, but if it rejects 99%, it has similar construction to the LLu and F1. If it has 98%, there's a chance that it either has just one layer of poly or if it has two, one layer is weatherable and the other is not.... again, would have to ask.

And, what their physical breakdown is???  (same jargon stuff....."non-weatherable" / "weatherable"........in the glue, in the poly, etc. etc. )

[*]336202

Well since I've retired from the day to day tinting I use only what's made around me... FormulaOne Pinnacle first and foremost, LLumar ATR Charcoal second, and if I wouldn't get fired for using it, Solar Gard True Grey would be my third choice.

All these products are color-stable, LLu and F1 have UV throughout their construction (little in mounting adhesive, in the laminating adhesive and throughout both layers of polyester)... True Grey I'd have to go ask a lab coat to know precisely where the UV is, but if it rejects 99%, it has similar construction to the LLu and F1. If it has 98%, there's a chance that it either has just one layer of poly or if it has two, one layer is weatherable and the other is not.... again, would have to ask.

[*]336210

but in reality METINT uses Gila :fdup

Carbon = metal oxide... Somtech calls it carbon though it's a dyed film with not weatherable polyester.

MMM's CS film is a pigmented polyester with an oxide coating (carbon, if you wish)...

The only connection Somtech has with MMM is that it is believed that MMM's FX low cost is put together by Somtech.

Ceramic = 22,000 plus versions, but for the film he speaks of (huper optiks) it'll be titanium nitride... a conductive ceramic. There are non conductive ceramics that have been in film for years.

HP, can be an all metal or a hybrid (dye/metal, dye/oxide, ceramic/pigmented polyester, ceramic/dyed), depending upon who's film it is.

[*]335883

:fdup If I am not wrong You first here (after me) told that there are NO CERAMIC in film. I tried to explain it many times. I have Si coated films, and just now there are quite new technology which samples I promised to send You. Not dyed, not sputerred, not vapoarized.....100% new and unknown...I will send it to you - to gave Your lab rats hard homework :lol6

And, what their physical breakdown is????  (same jargon stuff....."non-weatherable" / "weatherable"........in the glue, in the poly, etc. etc. )

[*]336202

[*]336210

but in reality METINT uses Gila :lol6

[*]336218

Because GILA have CARBON-LOOKING tint :fdup Which is much better looking than "CARBON-COATED" :lol2

Archived