New Car... Help

Guest WagonMan

Guest WagonMan

:twocents:dunno can anyone give me some of their past personal preferences for a Black Sapphire BMW 06 530XiT Wagon?

Im in NYC and want to do all the windows but not too dark.

What are your suggestions for a good look?

Which type material should I ask for?

thanks much

Joe

Guest God_Of_All_Tinters
:twocents  :dunno  can anyone give me some of their past personal preferences for a Black Sapphire BMW 06 530XiT Wagon?

thanks much

Joe

[*]337902

For an upscale car like that, I really wouldn't go any darker than 50% or 45% light transmission. You don't want to "ghetto up" a car like that.

Personally, I would use a 50% ceramic film. That would cut out half the light entering the vehicle, the optical quality of the film is second to none, and it blocks more heat and UV than 5% (limousine) tint.

One last thing to remember about window tint is that price shopping is not the best thing to do in this situation. Tint is one of those things where you get what you pay for. To tint that car with a ceramic film, I would get about $600 to do the whole vehicle except the windshield. $550 if you didn't want the front doors done. Keep in mind that ceramics are about 50% more expensive, but 1000% better overall.

Just my :poke though. If you hang around long enough, I'm sure some of the other tinters on here would venture an opinion as well.

not from me. go with a standard high performance charcoal or even an NR true grey.

1000% better overall? :twocents I think this god is caught up in some hype, he's put himself on a pedestal and needs to come back down to the real world. :dunno

Guest WagonMan
:dunno? :lol6? can anyone give me some of their past personal preferences for a Black Sapphire BMW 06 530XiT Wagon?

thanks much

Joe

[*]337902

For an upscale car like that, I really wouldn't go any darker than 50% or 45% light transmission. You don't want to "ghetto up" a car like that.

Personally, I would use a 50% ceramic film. That would cut out half the light entering the vehicle, the optical quality of the film is second to none, and it blocks more heat and UV than 5% (limousine) tint.

One last thing to remember about window tint is that price shopping is not the best thing to do in this situation. Tint is one of those things where you get what you pay for. To tint that car with a ceramic film, I would get about $600 to do the whole vehicle except the windshield. $550 if you didn't want the front doors done. Keep in mind that ceramics are about 50% more expensive, but 1000% better overall.

Just my :twocents though. If you hang around long enough, I'm sure some of the other tinters on here would venture an opinion as well.

[*]337908

thank you Guys... :poke

I'll be checking back for more opinions also.. I thought creamic film was the way to go.. but grey on a Sapphire Black? I'm wonderin if some of your guys have some pics of black cars you could post for me to view?

and NO fighting :lol

thanks for taking the time to advise me.

Joe

Guest WagonMan
click a link on my sig (not the Tintdude movie one  :twocents  )  and you'll see some pics.

[*]337919

Hi Blade.

that Audi A6 Wagon looks nice.. would you remember the % of that tint and also what material you used. Looks nice. :dunno

thanks

joe

Guest WagonMan
click a link on my sig (not the Tintdude movie one  :twocents  )  and you'll see some pics.

[*]337919

Blade?

I saw some Black cars with "Charcoal 32"( is that the color/shade?).. looks real good also.. what do I ask for when visiting a tinter and wanting that color/material?

thanks again

joe

Archived