Do I have a case?

Guest droopdog7

Guest droopdog7

First, thanks again for all the information you guys have given me so far. At this point, I'm ready to put my entire ordeal to rest but it seems to me that I was misled by the installer. I originally started a thread asking if I actually got metal film, like the installer told me. From the responses on the previous thread, I came to the conclusion that I probably got a hybrid film, which was okay with me. I became even more confused when I mentioned that the receipt said HP Titanium and was told that they no longer made a 50% film, which is what was placed on the front windows. I went in and politely asked the installer about this and he assured me that I got 50% film and even showed me the roll. I looked at it and noticed that it did not say Titanium but instead, said HP Smoke. Not having heard of this particular line, but noticing the word HP again made me think that I had received a hybrid film, which as I said was okay. Now I find out that HP Smoke is actually an economy line that contains no metal at all. So in the end, I was lied to. And no, I don't live in Latin America so I don't know how the installer got this film.

At this point, I'm trying to figure out what, if anything, I should do. I paid $190 for the Smoke tint on everything but the winshield and the guy did a good job with the installation from what I can tell. Good price, bad price I don't know. Somebody on the other thread suggested it still may be a good price. I imagine since most of you install tint, you'd look down on an installer that misled a customer in this fashion. Is this basically a case of buyer beware? Should I just be happy if indeed, I got a good price and move on? What's the most I can gain if I go back and complain again. What if this is the highest quality he carries? Will the guy actually refund my money because he lied to me? Again, thanks for all the information. I know you all know you stuff and take pride in your work.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah it's lame the dude lied to you... you don't want a metal film because you were concerned with reception. if he changes it and there is a reception issue you'll want it changed again. the film you got has a lifetime warranty. I have HP Smoke here. it is available, all we have to do is ask. if it looks like a good install then be done with it.

yeah it's lame the dude lied to you...  you don't want a metal film because you were concerned with reception.  if he changes it and there is a reception issue you'll want it changed again.  the film you got has a lifetime warranty.  I have HP Smoke here.  it is available, all we have to do is ask.  if it looks like a good install then be done with it.

[*]337933

:twocents

Guest droopdog7
yeah it's lame the dude lied to you...  you don't want a metal film because you were concerned with reception.  if he changes it and there is a reception issue you'll want it changed again.  the film you got has a lifetime warranty.  I have HP Smoke here.  it is available, all we have to do is ask.  if it looks like a good install then be done with it.

[*]337933

Thanks Blade. You are absolutely right; it does look good and I am wary of the metal film anyway. As always, I am guilty of overanalyzing things. I guess the internet can be both a blessing and a curse. One last question and I'll be done. I assume the HP Smoke is no worse quality-wise than the entry level dyed films by Solar Gard like NR Grey and Charcoal; maybe even a notch above?

By the way, I feel guilty that I can't offer anything to all those that have helped me. If anyone ever needs anything from me, I am a statistician at a University. I'd be glad to assist anyone who happens to be taking a math or stats class anywhere, USA with any quick questions. Not to take away from the purpose of the forum of course. Carry on, you guys (and gals) are great.

By the way, I feel guilty that I can't offer anything to all those that have helped me.  If anyone ever needs anything from me, I am a statistician at a University.  I'd be glad to assist anyone who happens to be taking a math or stats class anywhere, USA with any quick questions.  Not to take away from the purpose of the forum of course.  Carry on, you guys (and gals) are great.

[*]337937

I customer that wants to give back to the board ..a rarity ..wanted to point it out :twocents:dunno

Guest Beeline

By the way, I feel guilty that I can't offer anything to all those that have helped me.? If anyone ever needs anything from me, I am a statistician at a University.? I'd be glad to assist anyone who happens to be taking a math or stats class anywhere, USA with any quick questions.? Not to take away from the purpose of the forum of course.? Carry on, you guys (and gals) are great.

[*]337937

I customer that wants to give back to the board ..a rarity ..wanted to point it out :twocents:dunno

[*]337944

You are right about that.....Thanks :poke

If anyone ever needs anything from me, I am a statistician at a University.  I'd be glad to assist anyone who happens to be taking a math class anywhere

Okay, 2 trains are traveling cross-country. one train is traveling at a speed of.......

oh nevermind :twocents

Archived