Film recomendations please...

Guest mrbmp

I am wanting to tint my cars, I have done my own in the past using various brands from wal mart or auto zone.

The last one did turned purple in about a year and I would like to avoid something like that happening again.

I may even do a few on the side for friends, There isnt a tint shop for 30 miles so I wont be stepping on any toes.

The one time I let shop do mine was on our 02 supercrew and they did a crappy job . Broke the door panel screw under the armrest

a few small creases etc....

What are your recommendations for a good 20% non reflective film that will last for years?

I am looking to buy a 20" x 50 or 100' roll .

What is a good reasonable source for tinting supplies?

It will be on an 06 mustang first, any tips on that vehicle?

Should I remove the DP's ?

How do they come off?

Thanks for your help, nice forum.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you're going to need to felt the gaskets cuz the POS rustangs have hard plastic seals. and 20% on the front doors is illlegal so just stick with walmart tint because you'll be getting a ticket and having to remove the film anyway.

you're going to need to felt the gaskets cuz the POS rustangs have hard plastic seals.  and 20% on the front doors is illlegal so just stick with walmart tint because you'll be getting a ticket and having to remove the film anyway.

[*]338371

We have 20% on our truck for 3 years now, and the previous 85 mustang which I drove around for 19 years and 295,000 miles and was never questioned once.

I have read that about the seals, some say felt it some say dont, where do you get it and how is it applied?

Would still like suggestions please.

you're going to need to felt the gaskets cuz the POS rustangs have hard plastic seals.  and 20% on the front doors is illlegal so just stick with walmart tint because you'll be getting a ticket and having to remove the film anyway.

[*]338371

:dunno man, I just read that again :beer I sure did sound like a prick. :beer

I've been smokin' crack for years and never been busted. doesn't make it legal. :lol

all kidding aside.....those are easy cars to tint. you SHOULD felt the gaskets or you'll end up redoing the tint. (speaking from experience on that) call around...maybe you'll find a shop that'll sell ya some good film. HP Charcoal or True Grey is my recommendation. (no surprise there huh? :dunno )

Which brand is that?

And how do you go about felting?

Yea, you did sound like a prick lol, which surprised me after reading several posts on here and everyone seemed nice, we all have bad days.

all kidding aside.....those are easy cars to tint.  you SHOULD felt the gaskets or you'll end up redoing the tint. (speaking from experience on that)  call around...maybe you'll find a shop that'll sell ya some good film.  HP Charcoal or True Grey is my recommendation. (no surprise there huh?  :beer  )

[*]338381

What are the most popular good brands?

What about

LLumar

Gila

Concord

the brand I mainly use is solargard.  many different opinions on what brand to go with around here though.  :beer

[*]338529

Archived