Those unfinished walls!

Guest vclimber

Guest VOLTRON

good idea, I was tinting a big ol ranch house and there was an eyebrow above the operating windows and it had sandy rock kinda framing around the window and whne u went to tint it the window was bigger then the opening to get the film back in there and when trying to apply all the sand would fall onto the tint and onto the window. Man that was a nightmare.

Have had to tape off Pella wooden window frames before cause they werent sealed yet and when u ran your finger across them small wood particles would flake off and be everywhere. So we used 14day release 3m tape and taped all the edges of the frame and then tinted. It was huper film too so it made it that much more difficult.

Guest VOLTRON

well I wasn't the one selling the job I was the one working the job.

Working for several different dealers its funny and kinda wierd how they all do things differently.

Guest VOLTRON

True, but when he barly wants to pay you anything and you have to chase him around for a week to get paid its not worth the time and effort to charge him more, and listen to him whine.

Guest VOLTRON

Yea I did a job that was 500 sq and it was only 5 windows and it was Huper Drei. And there were non movable booths inside a prestigious Hotel in Dallas. If I had burned a piece of film it would have cost me abut $350, these windows were 14 feet tall and 6 feet wide, a couple I had to seem.

It was a stressful day dealing with film like that but it paid really well and made a weeks pay in one day is nice.

Archived