Subaru Legacy

Naples Tint Company

I usually pull and tuck most of my cars, to save some time. Windows are frameless and wonderful, except for the front. They have an extremly tight rubber gasket by the sideviews. I still pulled it back and tucked it in. To keep the flim tight enough on the glass, to dry solid, I pushed in a popsicle stick on both fronts in the bottom corner. I also threw a small piece of masking tape on the upper right corners to prevent peelback when the doors get shut. Everything came out perfect and I got it done a hell of a lot quicker/easier than taking the doors apart. Has anyone tried a heat gun on the outside of the glass to dry the top edge quicker? Im gonna try that next time. Im still fairly new and have only come up with my own ideas so far.

for the top edges, usually a hard card wrapped with a paper towel, start like 3" from the edge and smash straight up to the edge a few times all the way and you'll be ready to go.

I press it out pretty hard core. But what I was refering to is the fact that when the owner of the vehicle hops in an out in the next day or so, he'll be slammin the door shut and accidently peeling back when the glass hits that rubber seal on the car (cause its frameless). It actually meets with the seal and then flexes and slides vertically, rubbing on the edge of the film. Im still no pro so I worry about reputation. :asshat

I've never had this problem and do a fair amount of these for a Subaru dealer..as mentioned..as long as it's hard -carded..all the water is out, should be OK ...unless your micro edging, then it might pushing the edge right off the glass.. :dunno

Archived