6" or 8"?

Guest VOLTRON

well I have used the first for solar but the edges get chewed up sometimes and I have scratched solar film with them before one time I remember was huper on a 5x5 window and I didnt like paying for that piece of film only because my film squeege scratched it and nothing else was wrong with it.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vclimber

Hmmm, never had that happen to me... Do you buy bulk rolls of the Power Max blades or the 6" singles?

I buy bulk because it is cheaper in the long run but I can also cut the width to the way I like. I leave a little over lap on the edges and I think that keeps me from scratching the film. I also replace blades quite a bit, they wear out...

6" power squeege. The white big block is what I use for every thing. The 8" is fine for standard reflective films, but like Vclimber said, its can be to flexible and not as solid as the six. With a sharp blade and the proper stroke, one pass on 15 mil is plenty with the six.

One thing I often see is that someone can put all the power into a squeege, but if its at the wrong angle or the wrong grip, its just wasted energy and the pressure isn't reaching the film.

squeege smarter not stronger... :lol ha, ha.

post-239-1132694676.jpg

Guest VOLTRON

I buy the 6 inch inserts, and there is a little over the edges so the metal of the sleeve wont scratch but it was the blue insert itself that scrathed the film not the cleaning sleeve.

And yes alive, techniq is everything, you might be muscleing the hell out of the window pushing all the water out but if you dont have the right angle like you said or techniq you are wasting energy time and money.

One thing I often see is that someone can put all the power into a squeege, but if its at the wrong angle or the wrong grip, its just wasted energy and the pressure isn't reaching the film.?

squeege smarter not stronger... :lol?  ha, ha.

[*]340302

So true, I've got a repititive motion injury in my right wrist so I have to squeege smart or pay the price.

[*]340304

:lol

No, I know what you mean. Come september the wrist is in rough shape and is sore right into January. Don't know what would happen if it was wall to wall all year long?

Guest VOLTRON

I fractured my wrist back in september and my wrist gives me hell sometimes at certain angles and when I use it in a certain way, for the most part it is ok but after alot of work like on large commercial jobs it starts throbing.

Guest tintgod
the first pic is what I use for safty film and the second pic is what I use for everything else. I take my olfa and cut it long ways through the center of the words blue max, so it wont be as flimsy.

[*]340287

You might want to try using the first one for everything. I can get more water out with it than anything else.

[*]340290

:thumb

Archived