Why take rear decks out??

Guest De4thMet4LKing00

well said TW

can you head us in the right direction for state laws concerning covering up the brakelight =its not on the state law page?

and the way everybody keeps talking about insurance and !llegal tint do you think the day is coming that the dude that rear ends somebody might say "there brakelight was dim or not working?

Im just wondering your thoughts and help

Thanks

[*]341766

I best not talk about what I don't know ..in Canada it's not even a thought or consideration with respects to tinting underneath the brakelight . Legal wise or insurance wise...not an issue .

I think most of us Canadians that tint under the brakelight consider those that don't taking the easy way out in respects to "get it done..get it out" since it's not an issue here.

If it WAS an issue ..then that's another story..but because it's not ..then I doubt you can find ANY customer that thinks it looks better cutting around as opposed to completly tinting it.

Safety wise it shines through no problem IMO..I ask customers if they want me to cut around for that reason..I've only had 1 customer since I've been tinting that wanted it cut around given the choice

But that's a Canadian tinter point of veiw rather than a US tinter point of view? :thumb

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest darkdan

I try to only remove the ones that are touching the glass.

Also, I try to convince the customer to let me cut out the brake light.

"Well, if you get rear ended they'll try to blame the tint...even though you have two other brake lights. Better safe then sorry is my motto" usually works. =)

I am proud to be a contributor of a positive thread

....tht could easily gone to :thumb thanks TW fine leadership :thumb

I only take out the decks if absolutely necessary to get a clean job

I do not believe in cutting around the brakelight, unless requested.

I got my Bulldozer finally, so I will take out even less

but Malibus, and some that have a beige interior look like :thumb cut out

If it was unlawfull to cover the light....I would cut 'em out, but thats just me

it is worth whatever effort to get a high quality job

which is why I can charge more than any shop around me

the same could apply to any hardware or glass, king kab truck windows,

door panels, gaskets, whatever the bare minium work is, to get a clean and pro job

:lol

Guest De4thMet4LKing00

All good points. But I am in maryland, where it is !llegal to cover up the brake light, therefore I have to cut around them. With cars like the 300, Jetta, Taurus, etc., I cut as close as possible so there is no "light" seen from inside the car. So, basically, if there is a 3rd brake light on the rear deck, I cut around it. If its one that can be taken out easily, I cut a smaller pattern on the inside of it. All of my jobs come out very very clean, without taking out the rear decks, because of the "Big Foot". I havent yet tried the Bulldozer, Ive been thinking about getting one.

But like I said, I wasn't tryin to talk down on you guys, Im just interested as to the different techniques and why they are used. We are all taught differently.

Thanks for the info, though

decks out ? every time if she's cute :dunno sorry couldn't resist

If we could get a perfect result without taking car apart - we would. Hell there is still some UK tinters insisting a drop window has to come out to be tinted perfectly.

Its like anything you do what you have to get job done right. Lexus Is200 first time deck comes out it might take an hour thereafter 10 minutes or so.

For me its deck out only when I have to ..... which is twice a day if I'm lucky :lol2 sorry

Archived