use less water

Guest TINT-R

Ive been tought only one way to install film and it is by using a sprayer with an inline filter and saturating the window and flushing the edges then installing the film. A competitor of mine uses a 2 quart hand held poly sprayer for the whole car and I dont know how its done. It pisses me off because the windows come out spotless, but I can flush the crap out of a window and still get a speck or two. I would like to learn this technique to not only save water but to keep from putting so much water in the customers car.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tint rookie

ill flush to clean.

but when I install ill tighten that nozzle up. and lightly mist rather than douse the glass. to keep from flooding any side or top edge debris back onto the glass.

it does tack up quicker and your targeting has to be pretty dead on. but winter time is upon us. more time to shift around helps

Guest Twisted Illuzions

I learned if I use to much water I get contam, especially if I use alot flushing out the gaskets as it will just cause dirt to come up under the tint. What I do is make shure the windows are dry when I am done preping them, by making shure I squeege them two to three times, cause one time ain't good enough for me. I also have a bucket of water near by to put my hands in before grabbing the tint to install. After I did all this I don't get no contam, but before man I would get all those little white spot, but here where I live it is really hard to get perfect clean installs cause there is nothing but dirt, unless I wet down the whole shop including the walls and floors hehee. Cole.

Hey, thanks for your input. Quick question though, how do you keep any small contam from comming through your sprayer if theres no filter on the pollys? I have owned my tint shop for 2 years now and do between 1.5 - 3 cars a day. I went through the llumar training course in CA and they only taught to use sprayers with filters, especially when doing B.G. so whats the secret? distilled water or put a pur filter on my deepsink? what do you do? Thanks a lot, sorry to sound like a newb, I just want to broaden my knowledge so I have a nice arsenall to attack different cars with.

I use a p2 sprayer too. My back glass installs come out extremely clean, I truly attribute this to how I handle the film not on flushing anything. Of course I clean the back glass well but I just scrub, wipe with a paper towel then squeegee, and apply.

Archived