edge sealant

Guest tintgod

If you try running a bead of silicone that you buy from Home Depot, you will be back aftera couple of year because the film is discoloring. Many store bought silicones have acids and corrosives that attack the film.

Dow Corning has a few silicones that will work. They are pricey but will not damage the film. One I remember as 995 for security film, but there is another that will work. Unfortunately I do not remember the number.

A builder's supply house should carry these silicones. They are available is caulking tubes and sausages

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tintgod

no...it is a metal base film...and with it being in a shower with water and seam..im figuring that it may affect the film (rust corrosion of some sort)...better be safe the sorry is what im thinking

Guest tintaltd

IF you've used the LLumar 'N' range you'll be OK with regard to the rust. However, for edge sealing I would go to a reputable builders merchant and seek a clear silicone sealant.

Alternatively you could check out your local distributor for OTTOSEAL products. Use them here and never had nay problems. They can even colour match!

no...it is a metal base film...and with it being in a shower with water and seam..im figuring that it may affect the film (rust corrosion of some sort)...better be safe the sorry is what im thinking

[*]343619

From the date, I'd say I'm late to this one.

Edge sealers for silver based films may not hold up to the constant barrage of moisture that shower will most likely produce.

Dow Corning 1199 (clear) and DC 795 (grey, black, white) are neutral cure products that will not give off caustic gases as they cure.

Archived