how stupid is lammy on sides...

customer came in this morning to leave his car with the glass guy. he got a stupid little rock chip in his driver's door. well....it's been like 5 friggin degrees here everynight for a few days. turned his heater on in his car and split his door glass....just like what would happen with a windshield. $900 later he'll have another piece of crap laminated door glass in it.

a fuggin' rock chip in his side glass :thumb:woowoo

:woowoo  please re-read you post, blade.I'm a little confused,yet I kinda get it.

[*]346463

what's so hard to understand....the dude got a rock chip is his SIDE glass....from the heat/cold, it split like a windshield would do. if the glass had been regular tempered glass the rock would have just bounced right off...maybe leaving a little mark is all.

instead it's a $900 piece of glass to be replaced.

so that means if someone gets a stone chip they have a better chance of the glass cracking with tint due to heat absorbtion....

and if it has a crack like a windshield can it be repaired like a windshield....man that would suck if the insurance companies started to have those fixed instead of replacing them....

and I have noticed that laminate scratched easieer so becareful if you are razor cleaning them make sure you got a good edge on your blade...

I agree stupid idea...

can they laminate tempered glass.....that would be the ticket

it's "safety" glass. :hmmm

this quote from TTS in his lami thread is basically what the customer said this morning..."good thing the glass was laminated. it's like safety glass. it held the glass together.

well if the car was tinted then the tint would have held the glass together. he payed a $250 deductable to replace that $900 window. I'll bet anything he'd shiat a brick if a tinter told him it would be $250 to tint his car.

Archived