stretching films

I have a 99 camaro with an aftermarket rear glass, I cannot get that window for nothing. I understand what need to happen in order for the film to lay on the glass, I have read every post on that car and caN'T GET THE FILM TO STRETCH FAR ENOUGH to lay properly. My question is do some films stretch easier than others, I have tried this window with 2 different NR type films and carbon dyed film. nothing I am doing is working, any input is appreciated. Thank you.

Guest losdawg
I once had to tint an aftermarket glass on that body style and for some reason I couldnt 1 piece it.

the glass had a really wierd bend on it compared to the factory glass.

just 2 piece it and be done

[*]349457

same thing for me... :bling

berretta is right. you dont really have to stretch the bottom edge out that much if you shrink the bottom middle. not really the bottom but the lower middle half but not all the way to the black edge. dry shrink the lower middle instead of spreading it out and you wont have to stretch it that much. partner had that problem about 2 years ago. I shrank it for him and he didnt have any issues. the aftermarket glass bows out more on the bottom so it is definately harder.

Shrink it, don't stretch it.....when they were brand new you could stretch them, but it still sucked...ditto on the wet shrinking, this is one of the few cars I wet shrink, also, it's a good idea to stop half way through and rewet the window, and start over, seems to make it easier.

Archived