a big one falling into my lap

Guest tint rookie

Guest tint rookie

my ? is what can it stop? w/out breakage? w/minimal breakage?

im assuming a bullet will do any job in.

airsoft pellet?

bb gun??

marble through a slingshot?

ceramic top off a spark plug?

the thing is there this is a whole street, small town, getting hit. they are putting up a reward for the prosecution. I wanna protect (& make a buck too).

any info/links appreciated.

(glad youre back metint)

no less than 7mil film? glass is glass is going to break, safety film will prevent the glass from shattering all over the place...

I've got my hands full of safety film installs in the baddest of the baddest neighborhoods. I got the homie's coming in for tinting on they're cars after seeing us out and about..

What are those mechanisms sold to get you out of your car in the event you were to go under water or any other need to get out quickly? Some sort of plunger device they can tap the glass and keep walking with the evidence in hand?

8 mil to the exterior may help, but like it's been said glass is glass, it's going to break.

Film on the outside may work well to stop what they are using from reaching the glass surface.

Guest Al-tint
What are those mechanisms sold to get you out of your car in the event you were to go under water or any other need to get out quickly? Some sort of plunger device they can tap the glass and keep walking with the evidence in hand?

8 mil to the exterior may help, but like it's been said glass is glass, it's going to break.

Film on the outside may work well to stop what they are using from reaching the glass surface.

[*]352037

It is called a life hammer.

gallery_11887_24_1122.jpg

I do not know how well it would break flat glass, but on tempered they work great. A spring loaded centre punch also is good for breaking tempered glass. ( old highway rescue days talking )

Guest tint rookie

thanks for all the info.

oh the day I discovered the center punch. extraction day, emt training, the local pick and pull. what fun that was.

that would leave no trace, but fro some reason I dont think these vandals have balls that big.

I wonder if there is any surveilance tapes?

looks like im gonna have to do some feeling out when I make my cold calls. least I know what I can be selling, post breakage, burglary protection.

any last thoughts are appreciated as always.

Guest VOLTRON

put 15 mil on the outside, like metint said the film could prevent the object from hitting the actual glass but not garanteed to prevent breakage. Or there is graffitie gaurd film but it is only 6 mil in most cases but it is a little more rubbery and might help to bounce somethin away but not for sure.

Archived