Window Tinting $xx???

Guest uniqueimage

Guest uniqueimage

How can these shops charge so little? What profit margin do you guys see for tinting all 2 and 4 door cars for $---? Oh yeah how much cars can you tint with a 40x100in roll??

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Beeline
dude welcome to the board

ask me again in a year -I have taken an oath not to break my new years resolution of being an azzhat

and thes type of shops doing it for that deserve azzhat answers :dunno

[*]357512

:passout:hmmm:dunno:hmmm

Rather than worry abouty all the $99 guys out there ..get them back.

Instead of dropping prices to try and match ..go the other way..jack your prices to where they should be(where your happy ) and separate yourself from them...but back your price up with a good quality film and a great install.

Guest signandtint

well put Tint Wizard

the reverse psycology principal, get customers to ask you why you are so much dearer than the $99 guys, show them your set up, film used, past and present customer lists, your top notch demo vehicle outside and have a few sample photos of cheap film installs you come across and bingo, if they value their vehicle they will value your knowledge and expertise and go with you.

we have an 80% success rate here, but remember not to @#$% or sound bitter of these guys so the customer realises what you are saying makes sense not just pissed because of cheaper competition in the area.

and if the customer still goes away and goes for the cheap option, ten you saved yourself time and effort on their vehicle.

:passout

Guest yellohx

Well I work in one of those "$99.00 tint job" shops. The reason that my boss lowered the prices is because there is a shop right next door that used to do business with us. Well the guys next door saw how much money our shop was making so the decided to go ahead and open up as a Tint and Accessories also. Such a case as this he is now urged to try and run them out of business. My boss could live like a rich man off just internet sales. He has this plan to put them all out of business. But you know what? this is a bad case of who is the @#$% here. There is just enough business in the world for more than one tint shop.

Guest signandtint

it can seem like a good plan, but what happens when the car stereo shop 3 doors away thinks 'wow they are busy down there doin cars at $xx, lets do them at $xx '? does your boss drop to $xxper car?

you will never stop these people starting up or worse who already have a set up doing accessories, etc and can for the most part easily add tinting. by trying to get rid of them out of the market you are just cheapening the overall market.

just my opinion based upon many forms of business I have come into contact with over the years who have encountered the same thing, there will always be competition good and bad, but its all about how strong you make your company to rise above it.

Guest vclimber
Well I work in one of those "$99.00 tint job" shops. The reason that my boss lowered the prices is because there is a shop right next door that used to do business with us. Well the guys next door saw how much money our shop was making so the decided to go ahead and open up as a Tint and Accessories also. Such a case as this he is now urged to try and run them out of business. My boss could live like a rich man off just internet sales. He has this plan to put them all out of business. But you know what? this is a bad case of who is the @#$% here. There is just enough business in the world for more than one tint shop.

[*]357536

I have never seen this scenario work. Everyone who lowers their prices to drive a competitor out of business will lose sooner or later.

What is really sad is it could go even lower. If you cut out the overhead as far as shop costs go, a guy could literally install cars at xxbucks a pop and at 1 car per 2 hours, and still be making xxdollars an hour after costs if he works out of his garage with no overhead. To some people, they think this is the way to go. Me persoanlly, if I'm not dropping c-notes in my pocket regularly per that time frame, something needs to change.

I say we have a national price increase just to spite all these low ballers. Who's up for an immediate 20% increase starting today on top of whatever you are charging. :twocents:beer

Archived