• Last Reply
by the way when does the bachelor party start

[*]357566

Friday :coffee

[*]357625

better start early so we can have you in by curfew

she has layed down the law by now hasnt she :twocents

[*]357627

Far from it ..we have one thing in common..we both have a life outside of each other..I'm heading out with the boys tomorrow night ..having Friday to recoup, then having a few pints with you guys on here (not too many though so I feel good for the wedding :beer

[*]357566

Friday :coffee

[*]357625

she has layed down the law by now hasnt she :twocents

[*]357627

Far from it ..we have one thing in common..we both have a life outside of each other..I'm heading out with the boys tomorrow night ..having Friday to recoup, then having a few pints with you guys on here (not too many though so I feel good for the wedding :beer

[*]357628

Bah, you're getting married, if you are too drunk to remember it you can say it never heppened. Works for me sometimes, although I get @#$% for passing out before the honeymoon, although it made for a good 1 year anniversary present.

Guest ShadyKat

I have a h@ck in my area, (small community) like it or not I have to compete with him. He has been the only game in town for twenty years and he uses the absolute cheapest, lowest grade, manufacture?s seconds and repack film he can purchase. Not to mention the marginal install work, (this person has had no competition, thus no reason to improve) plus lousy after install follow-up. The marginal install work really blew my mind; twenty years of doing this and I can honestly do better after thirty installs and week of film school. I know that sounds crazy! But think about this; we have four of the major auto manufactures in our town and not one will use his work. I have done my corporate espionage and market research. He is one (not the only) of the main reasons I decided to open up my shop and I had never installed film before. I used to own a print shop, ? before computers performed all the color separations? and overlays had to be hand cut; I enjoy close up work and seeing the end result of a job well done. I do not want to be a h@ck and have spent and will spend more money on film than I am making if need be to get the job done right!

With that said, this is how I handle my market.

I keep in stock my distributors economy line of film (which by the way is a superior film); to run against his, I charge a little more for this economy film than he does; because I have to to make money.

I point out why my film is better.

Why my ComputerCut system is superior. ie I know some of you are gagging but in this case there is no comparison.

Most people I see have a new or newer car so I ask them how long they intend to keep the vehicle. If they are going to keep the vehicle a long time all the more reason to use me. If it is there kids first vehicle and they don?t care, I send them to my competitor.

Then I point out the product I sell to the dealers and my customers in the larger city close to us and attempt to sell them the upgrade product. If they go for the upgrade great, if not and they take my economy film, almost as good and if they really want to save the twenty dollar difference between my economy film and him, it?s just as well. I am not snotty about it but I do inform them it will cost them more than the price differance when they go to have the film removed.

I have had fairly good results, only lousing about 1/3rd to my competitor 1/3rd staying with the economy film and the other 1/3rd going the upgrade route.

Shadykat :beer

Guest Retro Tint

Lower the price,lower everyone's standard of living, including your own. No more windows will be tinted do to lower price. You'll just make less per prospective customer. Wake up , charge a USA living wage type price and quit lowering standards for all! This applies to all trades not just tinting. IMO

:beer To all trade low ballers!

Lower the price,lower everyone's standard of living, including your own. No more windows will be tinted do to lower price. You'll just make less per prospective customer. Wake up , charge a USA living wage type price and quit lowering standards for all! This applies to all trades not just tinting. IMO

:beer To all trade low ballers!

[*]357668

:twocents

Guest losdawg

[*]357566

Friday :beer

[*]357625

she has layed down the law by now hasnt she :lol2

[*]357627

Far from it ..we have one thing in common..we both have a life outside of each other..I'm heading out with the boys tomorrow night ..having Friday to recoup, then having a few pints with you guys on here (not too many though so I feel good for the wedding :DD

[*]357628

:twocents

just make sure you post those coordinates for google earth before you leave and if your going to moon us while we watch make sure you come back to Maryland first :DD Its legal there

[*]357634

That why I have already cut the seats out of all of my pants!!! :beer:coffee

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

you mean you don't let your customers make you lower your prices? I h@te it when you tell somebody your price and they say"you won't do it for $---"

Come one people have some dignity and don't think this is a yard sale or swap meet, a persons price is thier price!!

Your not gonna go to Walmart and tell the cashier if you can have your stuff $20 cheaper, just because you asked nicely :finger:

Archived