Question about tinting for the pros...

Guest pdred1985

Guest pdred1985

Hello, I had a quick question that maybe someone here can answer for me. I want to take a red metallic chrome window tint and apply it to a pair of sunglass lenses. The film says it fades from red chrome to to smoke color, I guess from the bottom of the film to the top? Now my question is, since the film is ONLY metallic red on the bottom part and sunglass lenses are so small is it possible to only get the red part onto the lenses? And I wasn't sure but will applying window tint even work on sunglass lenses? I've heard it can go on any glass suraface but I wasn't 100% sure. Thanks for any help, here's a link to the tint I'm talking about, you see how the bottom part of it is red and it gets darker on the way up? Thanks for any help!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...TRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pdred1985
are the lenses actual glass or plastic?  if they're glass go for it.  plastic don't do it.  if you want just the red on them then just position the film properly.

[*]359261

They'd be glass lenses. The optical labs can't make the color for some reason, so this is a last resort, thanks for the help :lol6

Archived