Warranty issues

Guest expertint

Nothing out there is going to last forever, in spite of what the manufacturers say. :spank? Putting a layer of metal on there doesn't make it bullet proof, or last any longer, and the original post in this? thread is case in point.? :lol

[*]360688

:evilgrin I know what you mean though im not against you, most customers here prefer NR film for the natural original look it has, but unless your a tinter and change film every 4-5 years fine, but then I guess people dont own they're car more than 3 years on average...over the summer I had a ladycome in with a legen we did 15 years ago, we had installed TG20. it looked like 55% and back glass was barely bubbling, which was why she came back.. :bingo

[*]360692

And what other product can you think of looks like brand new after 15 years? This all starts from the manufacturers and their ridiculous claims. If somebody wants to own 1 vehicle for a couple decades, they can surely accept having to redo their film at least once. :bdog They don't expect anything else on the car to last that long, they get it replaced as it goes belly up...tires, brakes, etc. If they do expect the film to last forever, they're just plain nuts. :lol2

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nothing out there is going to last forever, in spite of what the manufacturers say. :spank? Putting a layer of metal on there doesn't make it bullet proof, or last any longer, and the original post in this? thread is case in point.? :bdog

[*]360688

:evilgrin I know what you mean though im not against you, most customers here prefer NR film for the natural original look it has, but unless your a tinter and change film every 4-5 years fine, but then I guess people dont own they're car more than 3 years on average...over the summer I had a ladycome in with a legen we did 15 years ago, we had installed TG20. it looked like 55% and back glass was barely bubbling, which was why she came back.. :bingo

[*]360692

And what other product can you think of looks like brand new after 15 years? This all starts from the manufacturers and their ridiculous claims. If somebody wants to own 1 vehicle for a couple decades, they can surely accept having to redo their film at least once. :lol2 They don't expect anything else on the car to last that long, they get it replaced as it goes belly up...tires, brakes, etc. If they do expect the film to last forever, they're just plain nuts. :lol

[*]360702

well said :lol

No, the vinyl would not be covered in my shop because that is my prefered method for dealing with matrix {vinyl} not the film manufactures! I vould have no problem absorbing the minor cost of the vinyl if it could not be saved! :phone

Guest expertint

You guys are way to nice to these manufacturers.I spent approx. $45,000 on film last yr and the past yrs even more.It was PPLU18 and it was clearly blistered up.The vinyl was overlapped at the top so in removing the old film off by sweating it it also affected the vinyl which was in good shape otherwise.The customer balked at paying for replacing the vinyl as he payed $40 for it 3yrs. ago.The vinyl replacement takes approx half hour so there is some expense there.I'm not into bashing the manu. but it's THEIR idea to give a lifetime warranty on something that can only last 10-15ys at the max and if some of us are going to be around in this business for that long than we should be reimbursed well our labor and materials.I'm going to be eating alot of 85uvs because of hard coat failure coming up and I want to be repaid for doing it.I don't mind stepping on some big toes here.I don't care what they think and I know that the manu's read this site.Let them learn to take care of us as they raise the price yearly..Speaking of spies, Metint ,the lot number is 3403445 and it was Mike at CPfilms socal that denied giving us anything for redoing the vinyl. When I get the credit I will post how much they give me for this.I've noticed that the credits for redo's has been getting smaller while the prices of the film is rising..I do have few warranties so for this I'm thankful,but if I was making a product and giving it a lifetime warranty and it didn't last taht long I'd give my customer alot more than we get..Can I get an Amen???

You buy a lifetime warranty starter and brakepads, but the materials and labor are not covered, why should tint be all that different? Suck it up as part of doing business, and make it up on the next car the customer brings you because you were so helpful on this one.

Next warranty you get in try telling them that the parts are covered but the labor isn't.See what kindness you will reap..

[*]360953

If it is a film related issue, I do, if it's a labor related issue, of course I don't cover it. Hell, it says that on the paperwork they sign before they take the vehicle.

You guys are way to nice to these manufacturers.I spent approx. $45,000 on film last yr and the past yrs even more.It was PPLU18 and it was clearly blistered up.The vinyl was overlapped at the top so in removing the old film off by sweating it it also affected the vinyl which was in good shape otherwise.The customer balked at paying for replacing the vinyl as he payed $40 for it 3yrs. ago.The vinyl replacement takes approx half hour so there is some expense there.I'm not into bashing the manu. but it's THEIR idea to give a lifetime warranty on something that can only last 10-15ys at the max and if some of us are going to be around in this business for that long than we should be reimbursed well our labor and materials.I'm going to be eating alot of 85uvs because of hard coat failure coming up and I want to be repaid for doing it.I don't mind stepping on some big toes here.I don't care what they think and I know that the manu's read this site.Let them learn to take care of us as they raise the price yearly..Speaking of spies, Metint ,the lot number is 3403445 and it was Mike at CPfilms socal that denied giving us anything for redoing the vinyl. When I get the credit I will post how much they give me for this.I've noticed that the credits for redo's has been getting smaller while the prices of the film is rising..I do have few warranties so for this I'm thankful,but if I was making a product and giving it a lifetime warranty and it didn't last taht long I'd give my customer alot more than we get..Can I get an Amen???

[*]360946

Thanks for the detail and lot number... I'll pass it on to WF / QC for recording and investigation.

Wow... so I'm a spy... well all right, shoe fits, where it. :coffee Personally... I thought it was more like keeping my ears to the rail.... :lol6:lol6:lol6

Guest expertint

Hey Metint..no offense intended..we all love you like a brother.I'm just venting a little and doing a little manuf bashing.Don't even get me started on mmm.Just waiting for some football to come on.But the nice guy above you on this thread wants to get paid for labor that my warranty expressly says parts and labor are covered.He must have his own shop warranty.good and valid nationwide..Metint you are not a lurker like most reps who monitor this site are.

Guest tintgod

[*]360946

this is why a shop that I worked at for many years desided to not us this brand do to warranty issues :lol6

Archived