Warranty issues

Guest expertint

Guest expertint

We tinted a mustang a couple of years ago with some pplu and it came back clearly bubbled and defective after 3yrs.We had put vinyl on the dots and it was still good but was overlapping the film so instead of taking alot of time messing around it we just r&r the vinyl also.Now manu will warranty the film but not the vinyl..What kind of crap is that????? Do you guys think they should have covered the cost of the vinys as it was neccesary to replace?? I will post what they reimburse me when they do.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, they are just warrantying their product, anything extra is all you. You can pass the cost on to your customer, or just eat the $.20 in vinyl. Glass manufacturers do this too, they will cover the glass, but not the adhesive, mouldings, and time involved in the replacement. I mean vinyl isn't necessary to install the tint and not part of the tint job.

I would say no, they shouldn't have to.  It's not their product (the vinyl) and seeing how there are lots of other ways to deal with matrix and cover it with film instead of vinyl, I don't see how they would be responsible, imo.

[*]360582

:bingo

Archived