Dealing With Lying Customers?

I got a call today saying I messed up an Oldsmobile 88's backwindow 1/4 panels (the ones that are cloth). She was irrate as was I, I can't handle getting blamed. How can I get around this. All that touched it was water, not even my cloth touched it...

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same happened to me-those panels deteriate and are so weak that the water makes them fall apart-local upholstery shop recovered them for $20.so you can save the customer and get them recovered-even though its not your fault-or tell them to walk and deal with the bad publicity!Next time you can warn the customer ahead of time! :cool

Did you check for damage b4 you started on it? Did you see any? Have the customer bring it by so you can look at what she is talking about. Most importantly....stay calm. People are like dogs, they feed off of your energy. If you are negative she will be too. However, if you have a cherry disposition she will calm down and be able to see your side :cool

It seemed fine when see brought it in. I really can't take being blamed and I was very very angry. She said some things I said some things. The thing is it really wasn't as fragile as it could have been. Truthfully I notice things like that. She is saying there are holes in it now. My water must be too powerful, I'll try to dilute my water from now on.

Trust me dude-if its a late 80's -early 90's 88- the upholstery is so rotten that the water literally makes the fabric fall apart!It probably looks like you got after it with a chainsaw!When in fact you may not touch it at all-except the water! I have seen this numerous times !!Especially this time of the year! Hoopty heaven! :cool

Guest Key West
Trust me dude-if its a late 80's -early 90's 88- the upholstery is so rotten that the water literally makes the fabric fall apart!It probably looks like you got after it with a chainsaw!When in fact you may not touch it at all-except the water! I have seen this numerous times !!Especially this time of the year! Hoopty heaven! :poke

[*]366247

Tintdesinz is right. Sun-Rotted fabric (and plastic) I have learned (as you are now) to check for sun damage. I have to buy a rear brakelight cover for '99 Infinity. Sucker just crumbled when I tried to pull it out the other day. Its amazing how customers with older cars bring them in in "PERFECT" condition. :bat . I know it takes time, but go over the car with the customer. ESPECIALLY the older cars. (and newer ones, if you are in a high sunlight area) :beer:poke

Guest Key West

And the anger mgmt, thing :poke:beer

You'll definately live longer. No customer is worth all the stress and drama. PLus, you can defuse a bad situation by keeping your temper. Just look at them and know that thier standards are set SO HIGH, that nothing can satisfy them, thus, they are constantly dissapointed, and constantly miserable. :poke:bat

Hoopty heaven! :poke

[*]366247

Dude you must have really hit the sauce this weekend

what the hell is Hoppty heaven?

Is there where Humpty went after the tragic fall? :poke

Archived