Dealing With Lying Customers?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tint rookie

1st thing first, always do a walk around with the customer before working on their vehicle. know your cars and what you might be up against and warn them. yes they may get a lil skeered but thats why they brought it to a professional right? because you know wassup.

2nd. as a businessman its a good idea to network, glass shops, stereo shops, upholsterers, dealerships, pdr and detail guys. not only do they bring more business with em.

you have a happy customer

upholsterer gets a new customer

the customer just got a new tint job, new 1/4 panels, and saved a couple bucks because of your hook up.

but if theres a discrepancy like your incident. I believe you fo sho' but a lot of times that goddamn customer is always right attitude gets in the way. (obviously a customer made that saying up, when most of the time, well you know the story).

you can still stick to your guns. "I can hook you up with I guy I use (for whatever product it is) and make sure you get my playas price" is usually a happy meeting place where you can meet where everyone involved wins.

From what I can see, first mistake when accused, your reply should have been, "When can you bring it in?" Dealing with problems like this over the phone is like staring at a computer monitor. Nothing can be gained by the phone call.

Second thing, you lost your temper on the phone. What a waste of energy. The customer is not always right, but at the same time, the customer is what puts food on the table.

Once you got that customer in the door, you would have been able to see the problem. Like the above post, most likely it is due to the age of the vehicle. pretty simple fix, $20, happy customer, and there is not a kink in their colon.

Dealing with auto, you should be friends with a glass shop, upholstery shop, and a paint touch-up company. itis a numbers game, eventually you mess up. You will have broken glass, cut trim, cut glass, ruined liners, etc.

Hoopty heaven! :beer

[*]366247

Dude you must have really hit the sauce this weekend

what the hell is Hoppty heaven?

Is there where Humpty went after the tragic fall? :poke

[*]366273

Hoopty Heaven-you should know-the cars you dont work on-80's 88-98-Bonnevilles-Roadmasters-Gran Marquis-Caprices-etc.etc.etc.-one right after another! -Hoopty heaven! :bat:poke

Guest tint rookie

hoopty heaven

aint that the truth.

you quote em in summer time. takes em till winter to save up. they do so by not changing the oil or any other maintenance to the car, including washing or vacuuming (wouldnt wanna accidentally suck up change that could go towards them tint paypas. so by winter your slow and forced to tint a complete bucket.

hoopty heaven

aint that the truth.

you quote em in summer time. takes em till winter to save up.  they do so by not changing the oil or any other maintenance to the car, including washing or vacuuming (wouldnt wanna accidentally suck up change that could go towards them tint paypas. so by winter your slow and forced to tint a complete bucket.

[*]366302

I'd rather sit hear on my dead lazy azz and post on TD than even think about doing one of those :poke

Archived