Dealing With Lying Customers?

Did you check for damage b4 you started on it?? Did you see any?? Have the customer bring it by so you can look at what she is talking about.? Most importantly....stay calm.? People are like dogs, they feed off of your energy.? If you are negative she will be too.? However, if you have a cherry disposition she will calm down and be able to see your side :bat

[*]366239

I agree, if you make a joke to lighten the mood a little, you get a lot further with someone especially if they're P.O.'d already.

It's not that hard to defuse the situatiuon and make them happy.

when you work on cars all day everyday, they are just that...cars.? no matter if they are 75k or 15k.

the thing I drill home repeatedly to my employees is that these peoples cars are the second largest possession they have next to their home.? the fact is, the person with the 12k cobalt had to work harder for that than the dude with the 60k hummer and will more than likely be more particular about it :bat

[*]366279

:rollin I do the same thing.

Then again, I would've seen it and tryed to up sella headliner job at the same time. But that's just me.

Also, I'm thinking of making a sign at the service desk, that says,

we cannot be responsible for trim damage in vehicles over 5 years.

It's just a thought, right now, but I haven't figured out a nice way to say it yet. :lol2

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest MidcoastMW
I had to buy a brake light for a late 90's lexus last year because it was all crumbly and when I pulled it out it fell apart.

[*]366310

early 90's mercedes last month.

prior warning was given. cheapest plastic on the planet earth.

it broke, told the customer upon pick up, "have one on order will be in on monday" customer impressed I was on the ball and honest to him. paid for the part. and has sent two more cars since.

[*]366353

:rollin

Archived