The Effect on Confidence?

Ok, I'm just curious....But what, if any, effect on confidence is there for you based on a customer's or fellow employee's demeanor?

Is there anything in particular about a "certain" type of customer that can 'throw your game' or 'change your approach' or possibly make you more self conscious in anyway while doing the install????? Whether truly legit (like something REALLY "gets to you" somehow, maybe subconsiously) or just p1ss you off, so that you maybe begin to question yourself personally. I know that I can be confident about how I operate and then have someone do or say the right thing and change my approach or my thinking on something.

To ME, confidence is the key to my doing good work...

:spit

I dunno :barf , maybe. I definately know what you are talking about. I once worked for my brother in law a few years ago who has been tinting 2-3 years longer than I have. Before that, I worked on my own. For some reason every time I walked into his shop I felt like crap. Still to this day, if I go back there, I just don't feel comfortable tinting around him. He's pretty negative and is not good with constructive criticism. I can whoop azz by myself , but if he were to come around, I'd just get pissed off because I can't concentrate. :puter:duck

nothing changes my routine. I just get pizzed all to hell when customers think they need to let me know that I need to be careful with their "baby." it can be a gremlin or a bentley. I'm gonna treat them the same. that gremlin might be more important to the dumbazz driving it than the bentley is to the rich jackass driving it.

don't give me your crap about how 'special' YOUR car is. every car is special to someone.

but what do you care leader'sSHADES? you're not a tinter....it took you atleast 6 months of asking us different questions about film before you made a choice....and now you're still asking questions. :puter

what????????? you have another car that needs tinted now? :duck

Guest tintchic
nothing changes my routine.  I just get pizzed all to hell when customers think they need to let me know that I need to be careful with their "baby."  it can be a gremlin or a bentley.  I'm gonna treat them the same.  that gremlin might be more important to the dumbazz driving it than the bentley is to the rich jackass driving it. 

don't give me your crap about how 'special' YOUR car is.  every car is special to someone.

[*]369907

I'm feelin' ya Blade! :puter

Guest tintgod
nothing changes my routine.? I just get pizzed all to hell when customers think they need to let me know that I need to be careful with their "baby."? it can be a gremlin or a bentley.? I'm gonna treat them the same.? that gremlin might be more important to the dumbazz driving it than the bentley is to the rich jackass driving it.?

don't give me your crap about how 'special' YOUR car is.?  every car is special to someone.

[*]369907

I'm feelin' ya Blade! :duck

[*]369950

he like when strange tintchic's do that.. :puter

by the way....welcome to the board :barf

Nope the only thing that bothers me is little freakin rat dogs running around and yappin all the damn time.

[*]369175

what the hell? :thumb

nothing changes my routine.  I just get pizzed all to hell when customers think they need to let me know that I need to be careful with their "baby."  it can be a gremlin or a bentley.  I'm gonna treat them the same.  that gremlin might be more important to the dumbazz driving it than the bentley is to the rich jackass driving it. 

don't give me your crap about how 'special' YOUR car is.  every car is special to someone.

[*]369907

true that.

or customers who bring you they're car, and ask "have you ever tinted a bmw?" I mean WTF???? biatch!

like your sometime of moron running your business out of a flea market or parking lot.....and those who want the special price because so and so. the bullshiat never ends mang.....

Guest tint rookie

funny thing ive noticed, its always the low end cars that are soooo friggin special.

the fast and the furious honda.

the scion

the 3 series beamer

I can understand how youre gonna be 4|\|4L bout your baby (as its prob. the only car you own. the guy with a bentley prob has another form of transpo.)

that why I just treat em all the same.

I just h@te the people eye fcukin while you work.... do that after im done, you'll have a harder time feeling smart or important and just settle for being happy with a quality job done. heaven forbid having nothing to biotch about.

"I could really care less about the insurance issue. I am insured if I mess your car up, not if you hurt yourself. if you insist on standing around and waiting you dont have to use the sofa in the waiting area, you cant stand in my way in the shop area, let me do the job youre paying me to do." (almost like ive used that line before)

Archived