2006 Impala

shwusyrtnts

So I did a 2006 Impala today, man is that thing hard to tint! I mean the roll downs have huge gaskets! Back window is easy though. Any tips on an easier install on the side would be greatly appreciated. All I can say is use lots of soap in your slip on the roll downs. :twocents

Pull the door gaskets out next time, they come off really easy and just let them hang there. They are just as easy to put back on as they are to take off.

These gaskets are bigger than the grand prix....but the kicker is, they are slammed tight up against the glass like some civics are and aren't easy to stuff film passed like the grand prix.

You must of had one with seals that were loose as hell, because the few I've tinted I couldn't get the film in the seal cleanly to save my life, let alone even a card.

Guest Phat_Daddy

I never thought about pulling the gaskets. Great idea though. I have done a few, and I have just stopped the tint about 1/16" past the edge of the seals. I do the Ford Taurus the same way. Most customers are happy. I will give the gasket pulling idea a shot though.

I never thought about pulling the gaskets. Great idea though. I have done a few, and I have just stopped the tint about 1/16" past the edge of the seals. I do the Ford Taurus the same way. Most customers are happy. I will give the gasket pulling idea a shot though.

you'll love it once you pull them :thumb

Archived