clear/opaque film?

Guest 01CLS
8 mil and breaks easy?  :beer

[*]385146

YES. I know it sounds strange. But the way the film is made it can snap in the middle. The outer layers will be fine, but the inner layers will snap if to much pressure is applied at a wrong angle, you curl it up too much, etc. Putting on flat glass you have to pre-cut the film to prevent it from breaking.

It is a very hard film to work with. And at the price per sf to buy, one mistake with that stuff and you will be ill. :spit

I know it a no no to talk price...however this is not a comon product so I'm gonna mention one...went to a hospital the guy who I talked to thought I was the guy who installed some of this type of film for them...I was not...they wanted to beable to see out but not in a room mirroring them was not an option due to the lighting, this stuff was already on the glass and he was saying what was I gonna do.....I told his just to use the clear frost and loose his one way and make it opaque.......this stuff looked like clear frost looking directly at it but was clear from an angle..I gave him my price to install clear frost 100 bucks...then he relized I was not the installing company said they spent like 70buck per sqft....that sound right installed 70 per..and this was very thick stuff...like yu guy are saying.....I'm gonna call monday see what they did....ive done alot of work at this hospital , theynever called me on this project. I think the contractor and designer were the ones dealing wiht the glass....and it doenst do what they want.....oh well....I really didnt want to try to remove it....is it hard to take off...

I know it a no no to talk price...however this is not a comon product so I'm gonna mention one...went to a hospital the guy who I talked to thought I was the guy who installed some of this type of film for them...I was not...they wanted to beable to see out but not in a room mirroring them was not an option due to the lighting, this stuff was already on the glass and he was saying what was I gonna do.....I told his just to use the clear frost and loose  his one way and make it opaque.......this stuff looked like clear frost looking directly at it but was clear from an angle..I gave him my price to install clear frost 100 bucks...then he relized I was not the installing company said they spent like 70buck per sqft....that sound right installed 70 per..and this was very thick stuff...like yu guy are saying.....I'm gonna call monday see what they did....ive done alot of work at this hospital , theynever called me on this project. I think the contractor and designer were the ones dealing wiht the glass....and it doenst do what they want.....oh well....I really didnt want to try to remove  it....is it hard to take off...

[*]385663

This TD board is the titz!! One thing I have learned is I don?t want to work with no expensive film that I can break!!!!!! This job will have to find a new boy; I?m not going to bid it for any price!!!!! Unless they will pay a cra* ton :thumb of money and then more?????..don?t think they will!!!!! :thumb

A breaking film in the middle? :thumb Fair crack of the whip mate. You have first hand experience with this happening?

Pardon my scepticism.

Problem with trying to sell this film for the first time is that we can't get a piece to try from the distributor because it is ridiculously expensive and they can't afford to educate. :thumb

You know what we need? Another film that does the same to come on to the market that will rattle Mad's chain.

Devil

A breaking film in the middle? :lol Fair crack of the whip mate. You  have first hand experience with this happening?

Pardon my scepticism.

Problem with trying to sell this film for the first time is that we can't get a piece to try from the distributor because it is ridiculously expensive and they can't afford to educate. :barf

You know what we need? Another film that does the same to come on to the market that will rattle Mad's chain.

Devil

[*]385814

:barf All the film company?s are smoking crack! This stuff is just out of the world. I guess that?s why it only was running along as a border at the NIKE store at the airport. The people who want the stuff what it on lots of windows??????????? THEY could smoke crack easier then they will get me to do the job. Competition could lower the price!!!!!!

Archived