Hey guys looking for advice

Guest evilninjachris

Guest n-ovate

Hi Chris

I,m Richard I to did the Ding King You can always call them for support

Any tech can help you the support comes with the training for as long as you need them

the yellow book they gave you on completion of your course shows the different braces

and where there located As for business keep it simple or Incorparate.

Good luck

Guest evilninjachris
Hi Chris

I,m Richard  I to did the Ding King  You can always call them for support

Any tech can help you the support comes with the training for as long as you need them

the yellow book they gave you on completion of your course shows the different braces

and where there located As for business keep it simple or Incorparate.

Good luck

[*]389095

yeah I studied that thing pretty well but still on some cars...actually more in trucks, the braces are in funny locations and also there have been some that are double skinned. I absilutely h@te to drill anyone's car but when it is necessary I feel almost like I am taking a shot in the dark which can be a scary thing when it comes to really expensive vehicles. about the business question, I do only plan on being a mobile tech with no employees unless I get someone just to do my book keeping and whatnot. but I was curious to know if any of you guys have forms that your clients fill out or anything like that......anyways thanks again for the info who would I contact at ding king? do I just e-mail them and tell them I was a student before?

thanks again

-Chris

Guest disgruntled wiz

get quickbooks for your bookeeping. Its not to bad, paying someone else is a waste and makes it more confusing. I learned that the hard way.

Guest PDRPRO

some advice from a vet..If you want to make it in pdr, your going to have to get as much work as possible as quickly as possible to make it over the hump(learning curve). The only way to get better is hands on experience. You will have to wing it for as long as it takes for you to get decent at the craft. Expect to only get paid about half the time when starting out. Old school style is to do what it takes to get the best result possible when fixing a dent, in Texas that means drilling a hole if it will get the job done. If you are working on an exotic, never drill without written permission from the owner. I will be posting photos( although they suck) on my web site of a 360 ferrari I did for a diamond dealer. I drilled in his $250,000 car because he approved it. If you do drill a hole, spray it with undercoating spray, you can get it at Autozone or such. If the car is alluminum like the ferrari, rust isn't an issue. I've been told that drilling a hole in a unibody can be considered frame damage but have never had any problem from any body or any dealer or anything, so I don't worry about it. Starting out, do not go straight to the high-line dealers. I don't believe in newbies ripping up nice cars just because they can get the work. If you really suck and know it, try small independent lots first, they will pay less but will be less picky about your work. They will also throw you all the big crappy dents which are great for improving your skills. I don't have time to tell you much else but anyone reading this may feel free to email me with questions anytime.

www.e-mobileworks.com

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

just give up . take the money you have now and spend it on hookers and licker.j/k lol. good luck.that is a very good field to work in and could be very profitable for you.I totalloy agree with pdrpro.start on the first step and work your way up. again good luck.

Guest n-ovate

Hey Chris Richard again The Ding King Master Instuctor name was Sean Elfsten

and the Voc Instructor was Salvador Vargas but im sure anyone could help you.

I know a nother guy who may be able to help also.

He has twenty years in the bussiness. he also has CDS that may help you

His Address is tim@pdrsecrets.com tell him Richard told you to get in touch

You will be glad you did Good Luck.

Guest Kokomo Tint & Dent

whats up chris. I'm a pdr tech and a tinter. To answer your earlier question about to know where the braces are I use a wedge to open up the belt moulding with the window down and use a flextip led light to take a peek inside. Wedge came from a-1 and the light came off of the tool truck. snapon, matco, or mac. they all have the same one. hit me up if I can help you out. later buddy. KTD

Archived